By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - which of the big 3 do you think will sell the most

SSBB, SMG, SSBB, SSBB

Around the Network

People seem to be basing the mario/brawl numbers off of the Cubes titles. But I think Galaxy is going to get a lot of people who passed over Sunshine. I'm going to go ahead and give it to the plumber.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Metroid:
America: 2+ million
Europe: 1+ million
Japan: 150K, give or take

total: over 3 million, possibly pushing 3.5 (best-selling Metroid ever)

Smash Bros.:
America: 4+ million
Japan: 2+ million
Europe: roughly 1.5 million

total: 8 million, give or take 300K (best-selling fighting game ever)

Mario
America: 5.5 million, give or take
Japan: less than 2 million
Europe: 2.5-3 million

total: right around 10 million. Could be as low as 9; probably won't reach 11. (Possibly the 9th Mario game to sell 10 million copies)

It will be interesting to see how Mario and Smash do versus Nintendogs, Brain Training and Animal Crossing (assuming they all come to Wii). Those games are all way bigger than Smash Bros. on DS right now.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

agree Brawl will sell nearly 10million with Mario Galaxy close with 8 million. Metriod Prime 3 around 2 million

Yeah I cannot believe as many purchased Sunshine as they did. SSBM will sell half of Mario in all territories with Metriod much closer in America but in the end still in third, SSBM in second and Mario in first by a good margin.

Around the Network

Well, I would say:

USA: Smash
Japan: Mario
Europe: Mario

I'm surprised that everyone thinks Smash will outsell Mario in Europe, since Sunshine outsold Melee in Europe on the GC...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

America: Smash
Japan: Mario
Other: Mario
Worldwide: Mario

Here's my guess... America: SSBB Japan: SSBB Europe: Galaxy WW: SSBB SSBB may outsell Galaxy in Europe, but I'm not aware if SSBM outsold Sunshine in Europe like it did in Japan and America. I know Sunshine sold well enough in Europe and NSMB continues to do so, so I'll just say Galaxy for the heck of it. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Sunshine wasn't a bad game, people...just wasn't as good as 64.

SMG will pick up the series again, and a lot of people will buy it...but the same goes for SSBB...a lot of new people will be buying this game too, especially if it has online.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

smash bro. in america with mario just behind
smash bro. in japan with mario just behind

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY