By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 video issues, please help.

rocketpig said:
Euphoria14 said:
rocketpig said:
Euphoria14 said:

Problem was that my girlfriends HDTV actually does not support 720p (although strange since my PS3 games play on this same TV in 720p) and I had to change it to 1080i. Not happy though since 720p is so much better.

If the TV doesn't support 720p, your PS3 isn't displaying at 720p FYI. I noticed the same thing when I switched TVs with my PS3... It said 1080p but the TV didn't even support that resolution. 

I was thinking that. I think I will bring my PS3 here tomorrow and double check. Although what you are saying makes alot of sense with what I have been experiencing.

Odd that it would display resolutions it does not support though. That is weird.

I was going to be so upset if I couldn't play ME tonight.

You can close this thread at anytime if you wish as the problem seems to be fixed.

It doesn't need to be closed, it will fade away in time. :D

I also found that odd about the PS3... I even unchecked 1080p and checked 720p instead... Rebooted it and it said 1080p again. At that point I said screw it and let it think it was rendering at 1080p.

I wonder what the reason for that is. It must have confused alot of people like me who own both consoles. You think it works on one (while it actually doesn't) and then when the other does not work of course the first thing your going to think is "WTF?" since lose of video is a sign of a future RRoD.

It made me jump the gun real quick. Oddly after the fact that I have been thinking of how well the 360 has been working lately. 8+ hours a day the last few days without a single hiccup. Even left it on due to falling asleep and I had auto shutdown disabled so the thing ran for over 15+ straight hours Saturday into Sunday.

At least I know the Wii won't be giving me this same trouble. :)

Before I continue ranting about who knows what I just want to say thanks for the help.

I'm going to go play now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I wonder what the reason for that is.

In Pig's case, he traded his soul for his gaming setup and a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada. In exchange he got a possessed HDTV. True story.

The funny thing is, he got the better of that deal. 

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Euphoria14 said:
rocketpig said:
Euphoria14 said:

Problem was that my girlfriends HDTV actually does not support 720p (although strange since my PS3 games play on this same TV in 720p) and I had to change it to 1080i. Not happy though since 720p is so much better.

If the TV doesn't support 720p, your PS3 isn't displaying at 720p FYI. I noticed the same thing when I switched TVs with my PS3... It said 1080p but the TV didn't even support that resolution.

I was thinking that. I think I will bring my PS3 here tomorrow and double check. Although what you are saying makes alot of sense with what I have been experiencing.

Odd that it would display resolutions it does not support though. That is weird.

You can close this thread at anytime if you wish as the problem seems to be fixed.

It's not that it is displaying them, for some peason PS3 doesnt always tell you it the right Res that is displayed. For instance my mates HDTV is definatley not 1080P. However his PS3 has always said it's displaying 1080P. 

Euphoria14 said:
rocketpig said:
Euphoria14 said:
rocketpig said:
Euphoria14 said:

It doesn't need to be closed, it will fade away in time. :D

I also found that odd about the PS3... I even unchecked 1080p and checked 720p instead... Rebooted it and it said 1080p again. At that point I said screw it and let it think it was rendering at 1080p.

I wonder what the reason for that is. It must have confused alot of people like me who own both consoles. You think it works on one (while it actually doesn't) and then when the other does not work of course the first thing your going to think is "WTF?" since lose of video is a sign of a future RRoD.

It made me jump the gun real quick. Oddly after the fact that I have been thinking of how well the 360 has been working lately. 8+ hours a day the last few days without a single hiccup. Even left it on due to falling asleep and I had auto shutdown disabled so the thing ran for over 15+ straight hours Saturday into Sunday.

At least I know the Wii won't be giving me this same trouble. :)

Before I continue ranting about who knows what I just want to say thanks for the help.

I'm going to go play now.

Yes that is a sign od RRoD, But not like you had it. Lose of video when your playing. Not before you turn it on. 

selnor said:

Yes that is a sign od RRoD, But not like you had it. Lose of video when your playing. Not before you turn it on. 

Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better then. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!