By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

I never played the originals, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing, but the game looks pretty fun to me.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
selnor said:
Phendrana said:
selnor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
ToastyJaguar said:
I have a feeling that every single new trailer for a 360 game this year will have lots of people saying how rubbish it looks.

I'm counting Gears 2 and BK3 at the moment. Whats next Ninja Gaiden 2? Fable 2?
Thats my prediction, all these games will be hounded upon and compared to a bunch of other stuff.

To be fair, I think Gaiden 2, Fable 2, and Gears 2 look fantastic.

Also, Banjo compared itself to Mario in that trailer, not us.

It's like a McDonalds commercial that has people eating McChickens, and then Zeus comes down from heaven and offers them Ambrosa and Mana, and they slap him, make him explode, and keep eating the McChickens.

Watch the trailer before defending, imo, lol.

I am loving this. LOL. When Mario Galaxy was first shown everyone said it was crap, that going in space and running upside down round planets was awful. Look at what the gaming world says about it now. The Banjo team know what they are doing in platform games. They are the best team outside of the Shigsy at platformers. I have no doubt it'll all gel well.

Who said that? I was absolutely amazed when I first saw SMG. While it was a new take on the series, it's still 100% platformer and felt true to its roots. If someone asked you what type of game it was after watching the trailer, you'd say it's a platformer. If the trailer made it seem like the next Mario had a large focus on, say, music rhythm, a lot of people would have been pissed. That's what's going on here. You show this trailer to someone who's never played BK, and they'll have no idea that it's supposed to be a platformer.

When Galaxy was first shown it was mario running around planets(not big gameworlds). People and media worried that it was simplified for the wii audience. But of course we know there was alot more to it. Do me a favour. What is this trailer called? NUTS AND BOLTS. This trailer is purely to show the new element. There will be more vids to come that will shut the platform people up thta are silly enough to think that the original Banjo team would desert their fanbase.

Please listen.  The GAME is called Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.  That's not the title of the trailer.  This is what the majority of the game will be about.

And I loved SMG when I first saw it.  I don't love this. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

I am loving this. LOL. When Mario Galaxy was first shown everyone said it was crap, that going in space and running upside down round planets was awful. Look at what the gaming world says about it now. The Banjo team know what they are doing in platform games. They are the best team outside of the Shigsy at platformers. I have no doubt it'll all gel well.

The best team outside Shigsy...in 1998. It's been a long time since they've made a good platformer.

True but there last platformer was good. Banjo Tooie. Rare hasnt made a platformer since then. Kameo isnt a platformer and neither was Starfox adventures.

selnor said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

The best team outside Shigsy...in 1998. It's been a long time since they've made a good platformer.

True but there last platformer was good. Banjo Tooie. Rare hasnt made a platformer since then. Kameo isnt a platformer and neither was Starfox adventures.

And yet you're defending them to the death?  They haven't made a platformer in nearly a decade, and you expect them to be amazing?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

And yet you're defending them to the death? They haven't made a platformer in nearly a decade, and you expect them to be amazing?

Have you forgotten how to ride your bike? Come on, I cant believe this. If it was a wii game this would be such a different reception. Well Obviously i'm alone on this subject. But I think change in a series is god and from what Rare say, in fact direct quote from Gamersyde video with Rare is " there is loads in the game to satisfy long running fans of the series". 

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:

You feel the need to insult Nintendo in response to insults of this dissapointing trailer. The fact that it sickens and insults me when you do this kind of crap isn't a personal attack.

If Nintendo is the king of re-releases, what is Rare the king of? IPs that survive off of nostalga, because the company that makes them seems to have forgotten how to develop a good game.

Again, I don't care if this game is great, or if it sucks. I simply care that you hate on Nintendo most of the time, for no good reason, and to me, you have no credibility because of that bias.

What if I trolled on every post and hated on 360 or PS3 as much as you hate on the Wii? Two things would happen.

A. Fanboys would be owned.

B. I'd probably get banned because I wouldn't have an army of bandwagon jumping Nintendo Foeboys to back me up, so I could get lost in the crowd.

The thing is that my comment saying nintendo re-hashes game was a reply to someone saying that Rare should have made banjo 3 amazing like nintendo made mario galaxy. It wasn't out of dead air that I decided to attack nintendo...

And yes, I don't like what nintendo is doing this generation. I bought the wii over a year ago...we can play Mario Kart tonight if you want proof. Just give me your wii code and time...

The Wii reminds me of the Metal scene in the late 90's. Back then all these crappy metal bands with rap gimmicks were becoming popular like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Korn... While other much more taleneted metal bands did not get any attention from the mainstream. Even on the wii this is true as the good games like no more heroes don't get the attention they deserve on the system...

This is what I think and I will voice it when I want... hope thats ok with this forum.

Check your posts again. Nobody said they should've made it like SMG. They were upset Rare is putting less focus on platforming when you jumped in and made your comment. In fact, the only mentioning of Nintendo before your post was referencing the Banjo-Kazooie games on the N64. 

@selnor
I don't expect it to be void of platforming, but when the first gameplay footage showcases nothing but vehicles, it's obviously a large part of the game. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but the mechanic doesn't seem to go with the series, whereas the gravity and spherical worlds of SMG were a natural fit.

My first impression was: what the hell? I will wait for more info, but I do not think a fan of the original game can help but be disappointed. If I wanted to build crap and play it online against my friends I would get LBP (not that I think LBP will be a bad game, just not my kind of game). I want a platform game, with double jumps, glides, somersaults, stomp attacks, egg shooting and a some flying.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

selnor said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:
BenKenobi88 said:
selnor said:

And yet you're defending them to the death? They haven't made a platformer in nearly a decade, and you expect them to be amazing?

Have you forgotten how to ride your bike? Come on, I cant believe this. If it was a wii game this would be such a different reception. Well Obviously i'm alone on this subject. But I think change in a series is god and from what Rare say, in fact direct quote from Gamersyde video with Rare is " there is loads in the game to satisfy long running fans of the series".

If it was the same game on Wii there'd probably be MORE complaints because it wouldn't have the shiny graphics of the 360. If by Wii you mean "made by Nintendo" then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion, because not only was Nintendo the best at platforming in '98, they've continually released one Mario platformer per generation, so we know they are keeping sharp.

Of course you can "forget how to ride a bike" when it comes to programming and game development. If these guys have been out of the loop for a decade, that might be reflected in their game.  And if "Star Fox Adventures" is keeping sharp, I'll have none of that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Looks awesome from a technical perspective.

But am I the only one who thinks that it looks cold? Not much charm and someone should be shot for the music.

Actually Rare has made a platformer... Kameo, and yes, it was pretty mediocre in my opinion, but that's besides the point.  This isn't a platformer.  Not even close.

Whether this game is good or bad, it's not Banjo. I guess Banjo really is dead.