By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix would like to make an Actraiser sequel + some other info

lol that developer would like an act raiser sequal, that entire interview was kind of refreshing to know at least Square has a clue on what games to develop.

I personally preffer the part where he sais that he doesn't know how to make a casual game because he is hardcore and that he basically knows he couldn't do it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

And his ranta and pointless wii threads continue.

By the way is this a popular game or something because i have never seen it before

Act Raiser 3 eh?

If they brought back the part they made Act Raiser 1 good.

Actraiser 2 for some reaon cut out the best part of 1.

obieslut said:

By the way is this a popular game or something because i have never seen it before

You don't know Actraiser? Seriously? Did you not have an SNES?

It's a SNES classic.  Which is saying something considering the level of quality the SNES has compared to the other systems.

obieslut said:

You have an old Sega system in your sig, so assuming you would know Sega games, imagine if Sega said they would bring back Alex Kid. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I LOVE Actraiser 1

but the second one.... probably the worst disappointment I have ever had for a game.
As someone already said they cut out the thing that made the first one so great.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Ya as long as it was more like Actraiser 1.

An Actraiser sequel for WiiWare would be awesome. I downloaded the first one on VC and I loved it.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Kasz216 said:
Act Raiser 3 eh?

If they brought back the part they made Act Raiser 1 good.

Actraiser 2 for some reaon cut out the best part of 1.

The "simulation" aspect of Actraiser 2 was cut at the behest of Enix USA (who, iirc, actually commisioned Actraiser 2 from Quintet). They figured that Americans were more interested in the hack 'n' slash aspect when it was actually the fusion of the two that made the first a classic (Neither aspect on its own was really good enough as a game in and of themselves.)

That said, if they manage to re-create the magic of Act1 I, and a great many other people, would be very, very excited.

Am I the only one who read that excerpt as 'Yeah, honestly, all we want to do is keep milking our old classics by doing a zillion remakes'?