By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unbiased Facts About the NextGen Consoles

1. people buy plenty of gaming PCs 2. opinion 3. apparently snes was more powerful than genesis 4. all PS3s have HDDs that can be used to lower loading times 5. matter of opinion 6. guesswork 7. markets change 8. guesswork 9. guesswork I agree with stof, also some sources are always great

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network
freedquaker said:
stof said:
Welcome to VGCHARTZ! I hope that during your time with us you'll learn the meaning of the word unbiased!

Whats biased about it? I wonder. And I am not flaming or something as I am actually a playstation fan, which had most of favorite games from all genres.

Maybe it's just the wording, it came across VERY brash... As for failing, it's still too early, for only having (arguably) 3 or 4 "must have" titles the PS3 is doing pretty well. I enjoy mine every day!

1 PS2 was the high priced console 2 um God of war. 3 always the console with the most and best games wins. 4 Sonys own Uncharted wont have load times at all!! 6 LMAO 9 bahahahhahahahah Nothing but opinion from yet another sony hater on vg.

Tispower said:
1. people buy plenty of gaming PCs 2. opinion 3. apparently snes was more powerful than genesis 4. all PS3s have HDDs that can be used to lower loading times 5. matter of opinion 6. guesswork 7. markets change 8. guesswork 9. guesswork I agree with stof, also some sources are always great

1. People who buy PCs usually do not buy it just for games, but people who already own a PC buys games for it. Also PC games are usually much cheaper.

2. These are past events and facts rather than opinions. I am/was myself a sony fan!

3.  I guess I was wrong about snes vs genesis because of nintendo's extreme popularity and very late return, but this still doesnt change the fact that Its usually the weakest consoles that wins (nes, ps1 and ps2)

4. Thats also true, but how much will it work? A Bluray disk is 25 GB and PS3 HD is 60 GB, so I dont think games will make much use of it. It seems more like for internet and save game content. I will be happy to see much lower ps3 loading times though (Hopefully for the first time for a sony console!)

5. This is also a fact that Potentials are never really tapped unless the console is extremely popular, which suits the current situation very well.

6. This is an obvious fact, revealed and confirmed both by Sony and Microsoft. Just to remind, They dont have the same architectures so different amounts of RAM might do different things, so I dont mean Xbox360 can do better but it obviously has more RAM.

7. This is also a fact from the past. No Console which did not win in both countries has ever dominated. Only NES, PS1 and PS2 were able to dominate (as they won in both regions). SNES was better off compared to Genesis but they both actually won.

8. Come on, this is also evident from the market sales figures. Wii is catching up/leading everywhere but Americas and the UK. In the Americas, for example, the sales gap is about 30-40 and Xbox leads by more than 3 million! It would take 20 months to catch up at this rate, and which rarely happens in the history.

9. The past figures do not lie. PS3 does much worse than any successfull console to date. It sells even worse than Xbox360 and Wii in both cumulative and monthly aspects. The only way that PS3 is better from any competitor is that it surpasses Xbox360 in Japan.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Technical specs cannot be exaggerated, unless you're talking outright fraud. Either you have a 1.8Ghz Core Duo or you don't...that sort of thing. Marketing can be exaggerated.

BTW, has it occurred to you that the "weakest console" is also usually the cheapest to make?

Quick math test: which side of this equation is greater?  256 + 256 = 512

Hey, you know what?  You spent a whole paragraph arguing how PS1 and PS2 memory were always undersized versus their competitors', but those consoles also happened to be the market winners of their generations.  Shouldn't your fact then be that the console with the least RAM wins?

Around the Network

Tispower, 1 yea it's true people buy PC's but it's also true that the invention of the console was to reduce the cost of having to upgrade to the latest and greatest PC every month. For those who can't afford doing that. 2. Opinion/facts, he formed an oppinion based on facts from the previous generations. 3. I don't know about the SNES v Genesis, but I do know that SNES had a much better brand name than Genesis and whatever the difference was, I couldn't notice it. So the argument is opinion based on history. No one has ever really proven that as a winning factor before, but no one has dis-proven it. 4. I really don't know about this one either way. I have heard arguments about both but it seems to stand to reason that Tispower is right on this one. 5. I agree with Tispower, it's opinion at best. All the clips that compare the graphics of the two systems have looked the same with the difference of brightness. I have heard arguments that the graphics card on the 360 is superior, but the processing power on the PS3 makes up for that. So once again it's an opinion. 6. I am not really sure that it's guess work but if I made a judgment on it then I would be making a guess. 7. Opinion supported by history again. Europe has always been the smallest market. Sony hasn't exactly made any big strides in taking Europe but from what I have heard they are popular there. Who knows maybe the PS3 can build up there and in Aussie land and take some turf back. America seems pretty strong 360 country and Japan is strong for the Wii, it could be argued that they have backed PS3 into the corner this time. 8. An educated guess at worst. The Wii is still selling out instantly when it is shipped so it really isn't that big of a stretch that it will take over soon. 9. Fact, doesn't mean they couldn't build momentum in the future, but they sure as hell ain't building it right now.

"it obviously has more RAM." WTF!!!! 256+256=512!!! PS3 has 256mb+256mb, xBox has 512mb... Also my point wasn't that you're wrong, but the topic title said facts, I was just saying they aren't really facts as such, but maybe fairly obvious (at the moment anyway) analogies. Also I said Markets Change, and your response was that your fact was from the past, so you're not really countering me there...

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

vizunary said:
freedquaker said:
stof said:
Welcome to VGCHARTZ! I hope that during your time with us you'll learn the meaning of the word unbiased!

Whats biased about it? I wonder. And I am not flaming or something as I am actually a playstation fan, which had most of favorite games from all genres.

Maybe it's just the wording, it came across VERY brash... As for failing, it's still too early, for only having (arguably) 3 or 4 "must have" titles the PS3 is doing pretty well. I enjoy mine every day!

I am sorry if sounded so brash, just tried to say my humble opinion. And yes PS3 is really good machinery but way too expensive! I am in no way giving it 600 Euro and usually more around here while Xbox360 is much more affordable with same graphics and features considering most people dont give a damn about bluray. The Bluray players will be much cheaper when they are common enough anyway, so it makes little sense to buy one now. I own both ps1 and ps2 but 3 or 4 must have titles wont do for ps3 as other consoles have even more must have titles, and many of ps3 exclusives come to xbox360. (I dont have an xbox360 or wii but I seriously consider buying both in 1-2 years).

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

After digesting freedquaker's thoughts in their entirety, it's seems his recommended recipe for videogame console success is to release the cheapest, weakest console possible and that consumers won't be able to help themselves from eating it up. Let's all hope the console generation after this one will be about who can produce the most underpowered piece of electronics.

Yea, isn't the Euro worth a lot more than the dollar? Why does it cost just as much in Euro as it does in dollar then? They certainly adjusted the prices for the CDN Dollar which are worth about 87% of the american dollar.