By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
MBaker11 you bring up some very intelligent posts but for as much logic as your arguments make, you have to understand that you are arguing with fanboys. Fanboys are unwilling to debate but would rather impose their opinion as if its the truth.Its a shame that you're the only one actually debating this rather than hopping on the "Every game should be on the wii cause its cheap to develop for bandwagon." With that said I would not be surprised if this game landed on the wii but wouldn't be surprised if it landed on the ps3 either or even both. I dont see why KH3 couldnt be on the ps3 while the wii got a Roxas spinoff that was targeted to a younger audiance. (Cute heartless and chibi Roxas anyone?)

First of all find me some of this fanboy talk and opinons we are using as facts.

Second of all why would kids want a kh game without the disney characters and worlds. Just so they could see Roxas (who is having enough spinoffs already).

Who said a Roxas spinoff would not have disney characters? As for fanboy talk I could quote just about everything you have posted but id rather not. The way I figure it is that kh3 could go either way or both, you see it "as it can only go one place and that one place is where i want it and if you disagree, well then you are just wrong."

Because Roxas barely has any interaction with disney characters. He interacts more with final fantasy characters. So should Roxas spinoff be on the ps3 because of final fantasy? Oh and quote away I would like to see this. You might only find about 1 or 2 quotes that say that the wii is better suited for it, and I would rather have it on the wii, but they aren't trying to be facts as you said.

Damn dude, you got me. I was gonna say that SE could, ya know, maybe have Roxas interact with more disney characters and add to his story but that would just be crazy talk. Like I said id rather not quote away, id rather not give you the satisfaction of dedicating half a page to your opinions.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:

Well the difference is alot bigger on the wii than the psp vs ds. The ds is only about double , while the wii is triple. That isn't the real reason though. Capcom said that development costs were to high to have so many projects on the ps3.

Not really, because even though the DS is about double the PSP, the difference in the platforms is 13 million, as opposed to only a 3 million difference between the PS3 and Wii
Yeah , but by the time Kh3 comes out it will be more.

sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
Soriku said:
dabaus513 said:
MBaker11 you bring up some very intelligent posts but for as much logic as your arguments make, you have to understand that you are arguing with fanboys. Fanboys are unwilling to debate but would rather impose their opinion as if its the truth.Its a shame that you're the only one actually debating this rather than hopping on the "Every game should be on the wii cause its cheap to develop for bandwagon." With that said I would not be surprised if this game landed on the wii but wouldn't be surprised if it landed on the ps3 either or even both. I dont see why KH3 couldnt be on the ps3 while the wii got a Roxas spinoff that was targeted to a younger audiance. (Cute heartless and chibi Roxas anyone?)

Thanks for writing out this well-thought up argument as to why KH3 will be on the PS3 and not the Wii.

You're calling us fanboys when we post legit arguments as to why KH3 will be on the Wii yet you don't provide one yourself. I see who the fanboy is here. I doubt you even took the time to read the thread (or at least PART of it) to see what we're arguing about.

Please post an argument as to why it will be on the PS3 besides "Because I said so!"

Also, a KH with cute heartless and a chibi Roxas? ROFL. Good thing SE/Disney don't think the same way as you.

Also, stop talking about a spin-off. There will be no more spin-offs that are pre-KH3. Any new spin-offs will be for KH4 which will likely come out next gen (if they DO make a KH4).

I thought I said it could go both ways? I just think its somewhat foolish to assume that its going to a single platform with no real evidence to point either way.

We gave evidence, but you didn't.

The reason I gave no evidence is because there really isnt any. This game can still go both ways, just like star ocean 4.

dabaus513 said:
sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:

First of all find me some of this fanboy talk and opinons we are using as facts.

Second of all why would kids want a kh game without the disney characters and worlds. Just so they could see Roxas (who is having enough spinoffs already).

Who said a Roxas spinoff would not have disney characters? As for fanboy talk I could quote just about everything you have posted but id rather not. The way I figure it is that kh3 could go either way or both, you see it "as it can only go one place and that one place is where i want it and if you disagree, well then you are just wrong."

Because Roxas barely has any interaction with disney characters. He interacts more with final fantasy characters. So should Roxas spinoff be on the ps3 because of final fantasy? Oh and quote away I would like to see this. You might only find about 1 or 2 quotes that say that the wii is better suited for it, and I would rather have it on the wii, but they aren't trying to be facts as you said.

Damn dude, you got me. I was gonna say that SE could, ya know, maybe have Roxas interact with more disney characters and add to his story but that would just be crazy talk. Like I said id rather not quote away, id rather not give you the satisfaction of dedicating half a page to your opinions.

First of all they would have to rearange so much stuff in the story it wouldn't be worth it. 

No you don't have to quote everything just 3-4 quotes.  

Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:

MH is an exception. MH is a game that needs graphics and bigger space on handhelds. I made a thread asking since MH3 is on the Wii, will MHF3 be on the DS and people said no because MHF needs graphics and a big disc for environment and such. Capcom probably thinks the same way.

So because it proves I point I made, it's an exception? Whatever, you say that this is a game that needs graphics and space, right? So why make it a Wii game, instead of a PS3 one?

And in response to your other post. You say no one cares about what Nomura says.....I sure do, because he's the one making the game.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

http://www.kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/IGN

A piece of the interview (not taken out of context whatsoever):

"Q: What would you describe as the target audience for Kingdom Hearts II?

Nomura: Since the games are based on Final Fantasy, we think Final Fantasy to be the center of the target audience. For Kingdom Hearts it's maybe a lower age audience, or a higher age audience than Final Fantasy."

There you go....targets the Final Fantasy audience...and guess what system the Final Fantasy audience is getting *looks at FFXIII and FF vs. XIII*

Edit: And don't try and spin this because is says "maybe a lower age audience" and turn it into kids = Wii, because the audience is all the same. The gamers that want a Final Fantasy want this game, and FF is for PS3. Now, this interview may be for KH2, but there haven't been too many changes when it comes to target audience

Who's to say that this is the only targeted audience. He said central. Oh and I believe it could change since the FF audience also has changed.

I like this there is even more proof it's disney's decision

Q: Since they have Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII on cell phones and a movie based on Final Fantasy VII, will Kingdom Hearts ever be on another platform or in another media?

Nomura: Final Fantasy is our property so we can do whatever we want to, but Kingdom Hearts it's half Disney, so we can't use the property as we please.

Also, before anybody gets confused about this, he means half Disney and half FF. He doesn't mean half the IP. Th KH IP is 100% owned by Disney but half the game is Disney and half is FF. That's what Nomura means. But there's definitely more Disney than FF, but whatever :P

Also sc, Roxas has like...total interaction with Disney characters. Org XIII members are Disney characters. They're not classic, but whatever.

All of the kids who buy this game think of them as Disney characters though? Mickey Mouse Pooh, etc are more reconizable.

BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:

MH is an exception. MH is a game that needs graphics and bigger space on handhelds. I made a thread asking since MH3 is on the Wii, will MHF3 be on the DS and people said no because MHF needs graphics and a big disc for environment and such. Capcom probably thinks the same way.

So because it proves I point I made, it's an exception? Whatever, you say that this is a game that needs graphics and space, right? So why make it a Wii game, instead of a PS3 one?

And in response to your other post. You say no one cares about what Nomura says.....I sure do, because he's the one making the game.

Yeah ,but you seem to be ignoring me saying that isn't the reason and the reason is because the development costs for all of capcoms ps3 games are too high. So they took one that sells the least and put it on the wii.

Would nomura really want to risk his job over kh3 being on the wii? 

sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:

First of all they would have to rearange so much stuff in the story it wouldn't be worth it.

No you don't have to quote everything just 3-4 quotes.

I give up.

In all honesty, the only viable choices for Kingdom Hearts III are the Wii, the DS or the PSP.

The PS3 and 360 are almost out of the question in terms of sales in japan though it would be in Sony's interest to push KHIII on the PS3.

Square-Enix has said repeatedly that their primary concern is that of the Japanese market and therefore it can be assumed the decision of which console it will go to will be based on such.

dabaus513 said:
The reason I gave no evidence is because there really isnt any. This game can still go both ways, just like star ocean 4.

I agree that there is really no decisive evidence but rumors at this point.  But, from a business prospective it makes so much sense to go to the Wii.  Bigger user base and Disney characters are more in line with the Wii demographic.  Additionally, if it goes PS3 it won't be "the RPG" because the next FF will take that title on the PS3.  On the Wii, it'll be "the RPG".  Much like Capcom throwing RE on the gamecube.  It was actually a great idea because it was "the experience" for gamecube owners looking for either mature content or a survival horror.  On the PS2 it would have faced much stiffer competition.  That's all I have to say though, I own a PS3 and a Wii so I should be covered whichever way the wind blows.