By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Soriku said:
I edited my post again.

Also, of course the PS3 will havw higher sales, but the will have EVEN HIGHER sales, and is much cheaper to develop for, so your point is absolutely moot, bmaker.

So it's an issue of dev costs then? Well, by that logic, EVERY 3rd party game should go Wii exclusive, because it'll be cheap to develop for......but that's obviously not the case, especially with SE. Like I said before, they aren't Midway. Money is not an issue when it comes to developing a game.

Why is it that when it comes to exclusives, you want the PS3 to have none, and the Wii to have all? Has anyone ever heard of competition? Especially with this generation.

In a previous post, you said that KH is an "Everyone" game, and the Wii is an "Everyone" system.....that's a terrible way to deduce things. Why? Because the ESRB ratings have nothing to do with consoles. Should No More Heroes be on the PS3 because it's a "Mature" game?

The last thing I'll say in response is about the demographic and development. For the last time, Disney =/= kids, when it comes to this game. You say that the PS3 targets the "older" audience.....well don't you think it's that "older" audience who has been following KH since 2002? This is a deep game that doesn't just start over with each iteration. You have to know the backstory, so to say that since the PS3 is for older people, then this game is not a match for the system, is also a flawed argument. About development. You keep talking about how Disney made a game by itsself......I believe that that game sucked...bad. So even if they were to take it away from the Nomura dev team (which is making Versus, btw) then the game just wouldn't be KH anymore. Or rather, it'll be KH, just crappier, like how what Neversoft did to Guitar Hero after Harmonix sold the rights to the game to Activision. You say there is absolutely no reason for this game to come to the PS3.....why not? This is going to be a fantastic game, and good games sale on the PS3, whether you want to believe it or not. You can try and toss in Wii 3rd party sales, but most of those games were shovelware. There are plenty of reasons why this game should be on the PS3, you're just too stuck into your Wii to realize it

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
I edited my post again.

Also, of course the PS3 will havw higher sales, but the will have EVEN HIGHER sales, and is much cheaper to develop for, so your point is absolutely moot, bmaker.

So it's an issue of dev costs then? Well, by that logic, EVERY 3rd party game should go Wii exclusive, because it'll be cheap to develop for......but that's obviously not the case, especially with SE. Like I said before, they aren't Midway. Money is not an issue when it comes to developing a game.

Why is it that when it comes to exclusives, you want the PS3 to have none, and the Wii to have all? Has anyone ever heard of competition? Especially with this generation.

In a previous post, you said that KH is an "Everyone" game, and the Wii is an "Everyone" system.....that's a terrible way to deduce things. Why? Because the ESRB ratings have nothing to do with consoles. Should No More Heroes be on the PS3 because it's a "Mature" game?

The last thing I'll say in response is about the demographic and development. For the last time, Disney =/= kids, when it comes to this game. You say that the PS3 targets the "older" audience.....well don't you think it's that "older" audience who has been following KH since 2002? This is a deep game that doesn't just start over with each iteration. You have to know the backstory, so to say that since the PS3 is for older people, then this game is not a match for the system, is also a flawed argument. About development. You keep talking about how Disney made a game by itsself......I believe that that game sucked...bad. So even if they were to take it away from the Nomura dev team (which is making Versus, btw) then the game just wouldn't be KH anymore. Or rather, it'll be KH, just crappier, like how what Neversoft did to Guitar Hero after Harmonix sold the rights to the game to Activision. You say there is absolutely no reason for this game to come to the PS3.....why not? This is going to be a fantastic game, and good games sale on the PS3, whether you want to believe it or not. You can try and toss in Wii 3rd party sales, but most of those games were shovelware. There are plenty of reasons why this game should be on the PS3, you're just too stuck into your Wii to realize it

He wasn't talking about the ESRB. He was talking about people of all ages buying the game, and people of all ages buying the wii. What sense would it make to spend more to get less in return? I bet that more kids buy KH then hardcore gamers. Most of the people who bought the ps3 imo are the type of people who like games with guns, and gore. It's still disneys decision even if they made a sucky game. Do you think SE would leave them just because they want it on a console that SE doesn't? There are more reasons for it to go to the wii than the ps3. Getting more money and spending less is one of them.

And could someone please answer me how this game appeals to "casuals"? I still haven't gotten a reply, and it is really the one thing that makes me think that it shouldn't be on the Wii....because it doesn't have "casual" appeal, yet some of you passionately believe that it does

BMaker11 said:
And could someone please answer me how this game appeals to "casuals"? I still haven't gotten a reply, and it is really the one thing that makes me think that it shouldn't be on the Wii....because it doesn't have "casual" appeal, yet some of you passionately believe that it does

It appeals to casuals because

1 there is disney characters and worlds

2 as far as rpgs go it's easy

BMaker11 said:

Perhaps you should reply to my comment?

Let me quote myself so you don't have to find it:

"Who said anything about playing the game all the way through? You seem to think that people look at the title on the shelf and instantly know everything about it. Of course there are kids out there who bought it and played it...yes because it has Mickey Mouse in it. Even then, kids have the most free time of anyone so yeah I could easily see them putting a ton of time into the game. But for the sake of your argument maybe they didn't put 50+ hours in but then how the hell would they have known they needed to at the start? This is just horribly flawed logic. Quite honestly we have no numbers to determine which group is larger but if you consider the typical "har har Wii is for kiddies" attitude of your average PS3/360 gamer I don't think its likely for the nostalgia group to be very large at all."

Casual gamers tend to just buy a game based on what they can discern from the box in the store. If you put Mickey Mouse on the cover its gonna sell to little kids and parents of little kids..and quite honestly I doubt they would be dissapointed its not as if 7 & 8 year olds don't know how to use their computers better than their parents and in general they are curious and explorative by nature. They take in gaming with ease, thats why gaming is so big.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:

He wasn't talking about the ESRB. He was talking about people of all ages buying the game, and people of all ages buying the wii. What sense would it make to spend more to get less in return? I bet that more kids buy KH then hardcore gamers. Most of the people who bought the ps3 imo are the type of people who like games with guns, and gore. It's still disneys decision even if they made a sucky game. Do you think SE would leave them just because they want it on a console that SE doesn't? There are more reasons for it to go to the wii than the ps3. Getting more money and spending less is one of them.

Well then by that logic, since "hardcores" bought NMH, and "hardcores" buy the PS3, then why wasn't that game on the PS3? Or what about Monster Hunter....why is a game like that getting moved to the Wii, when it's a "hardcore" game, and "hardcore" gamers buy the PS3? To make it that black and white is foolish. And like I said, if "getting more money and spending less" was a factor, then ALL 3rd party games would be on the Wii. But what you fail to realize is that not every developer is on a small budget, just the majority of the developers that make Wii games (which I guess has somehow persuaded you to think that said developers are representative of all developers)

sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

your #1 is actually your #1 flaw in the majority of people's argument for it being on the Wii. By that logic, creating complex levels (LBP) will be a casual type game because of the sackboys. Shooting mechanical aliens (R&C) is  a casual game because Ratchet is a Lombax. Slowing down time to beat the tar out of your enemies (Blinx) is a casual type game because Blinx is a cute little cat. Building a relationship with a princess, getting stronger through turmoil and strife, overthrowing a queen, and defending the universe against Garland (FFIX) is a casual type game because Zidane, Dagger, and Vivi were all cute characters........

Kiddy characters =/= kiddy games. The majority do (for example, Cooking Mama, Buzz!, Viva Pinata), but in the case of KH, and the other examples I used, using cute characters doesn't mean it's targeted for kids

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:

Well then by that logic, since "hardcores" bought NMH, and "hardcores" buy the PS3, then why wasn't that game on the PS3?Because the developer who made it didn't have enough money or people to develop a ps3 game. THey made a low budget wii game that sold well.  Or what about Monster Hunter....Same thing capcom said too high of developement costswhy is a game like that getting moved to the Wii, when it's a "hardcore" game, and "hardcore" gamers buy the PS3? To make it that black and white is foolish. And like I said, if "getting more money and spending less" was a factor, then ALL 3rd party games would be on the Wii. But what you fail to realize is that not every developer is on a small budget, just the majority of the developers that make Wii games (which I guess has somehow persuaded you to think that said developers are representative of all developers) No, but it's only a certain games that would sell alot on the wii and Kingdom Hearts is one of them. If a game doesn't appeal to the userbase, and you had enough money to put it on a console that it does appeal to then you should. I know SE and DIsney aren't stupid, and know kingdom hearts would sell on the wii, because like mario, super smash bros brawl, and guitar hero, it targets everybody, the same way the wii does. It wouldn't make sense to put it on a console that would make less money for you and take more. 

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

your #1 is actually your #1 flaw in the majority of people's argument for it being on the Wii. By that logic, creating complex levels (LBP) will be a casual type game because of the sackboys. Shooting mechanical aliens (R&C) is a casual game because Ratchet is a Lombax. Slowing down time to beat the tar out of your enemies (Blinx) is a casual type game because Blinx is a cute little cat. Building a relationship with a princess, getting stronger through turmoil and strife, overthrowing a queen, and defending the universe against Garland (FFIX) is a casual type game because Zidane, Dagger, and Vivi were all cute characters........

Are those characters as mainstream as Mickey Mouse, Goofy , and ALice though? NO Kids see these on tv everyday. When they find out they could play as them on their favorite console the wii what do you think they will do. they will nag their parents to buy the game despite not knowing anything about them. Kids don't know that they will have to do all of these things though. Most of them are capable of this, we aren't talking about 6> you know. I played FFIV when I was 5 and understood the story that is far more complex than khs. I was 9 when I got kh1 and 12 when I got too, and most of my friends were the same age.

MBaker11 you bring up some very intelligent posts but for as much logic as your arguments make, you have to understand that you are arguing with fanboys. Fanboys are unwilling to debate but would rather impose their opinion as if its the truth.Its a shame that you're the only one actually debating this rather than hopping on the "Every game should be on the wii cause its cheap to develop for bandwagon." With that said I would not be surprised if this game landed on the wii but wouldn't be surprised if it landed on the ps3 either or even both. I dont see why KH3 couldnt be on the ps3 while the wii got a Roxas spinoff that was targeted to a younger audiance. (Cute heartless and chibi Roxas anyone?)