By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

U wanna know where Kingdom Hearts 3 will go? With me to your mom's house.

Around the Network

MY TRAIN WAS TIPPED!!!!!

SuperLloyd said:
BMaker11 said:
SuperLloyd said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:

Mario Strikers is a sports game, and that sport is most popular in Europe. Not surprisingly, it sold the most there. Carnival Games actually works against you, because I think it proves that the Wii audience is a wide one and not a single "just casual" or "just hardcore" entity. You'd never see something like Carnival Games sell millions on the 360 but on the Wii it is selling alongside games like Resident Evil and Metroid; a sign of a healthy, thriving console just like the PS2 which had similar situations. Only the strictly "hardcore" complain about games like this selling. 'Coincidentally,' no one complained when simialr games sold on the PS2. Hmm...

Also KH is plenty mainstream. It appeals to both audiences. Would people recognize Master Chief outside of the gaming community? He's essentially faceless. GTA has multiple protagonsists. Who outside of the gaming community canname each of them and their personal stories? The only thing GTA is known for in the mass media is cop killing and hooker roadkill, and occasionally the ethnicty of the main character.

KH's mainstream status does not come from the recognizability of its main character (though it's a little hard to argue that the majorty of the cast - being Disney characters - aren't recognizable) but the execution of its core gameplay giving it wide appeal. There is nothing remotely complex about the gameplay with the majorty of the ingame actions displayed on a menu in the lower left corner of the screen at all times. And with sales of nearly 6 million worldwide for the first game, I'd say ihas pretty wide appeal.

Last response to me, and what seems like the last relevant KH response, or so it seems.

I can concede that with Mario Strikers, but your point with Carnival Games is flawed. It doesn't work against me, because the way it is is actually the reverse of how you put it. It's not that games like Carnival Games are selling alongside the likes of RE4, but rather, games like RE4 are selling alongside the likes of Carnival Games (I know, small change of words, but it makes a BIG difference). This is so, because for every RE4 level game, there are about 10-12 Carnival Game like games. Those kind of games make up the majority, and they also sell tons. And then a quality games like RE4 will show up every now and then, and sell.

Ok, instead of arguing your second point, let me ask, how is this game in any way "casual"? Instead of me making assumption about Mickey and Tigger, please provide why you think this game appeals to "casuals", because I don't see how it does.

And when I asked if anyone knew who Sora was, outside of the gaming community, I meant that as a "Does anyone outside the game community know what KH is?" kind of question. If you went down the street and asked "Do you know what Halo is?" many would know. "What GTA is?" Many would know. "What Madden is?" Many would know. THESE are mainstream games. I didn't mean to break it down into individual characters, but rather the game itsself. And if you tried to pull the same thing with KH, you would get a lot more blank faces in response, compared to Halo, Madden, etc.

KH3 IS THE BEST!!! LET'S STICK TO THAT!!!

I hope KH3 is in HD and on the PS3 as an exclusive to the PS3.

Around the Network

wow, only had time to read the first page XD, ok so lol?

I saw some crazy userbase track and stuff but err ok?

KH could go multi platform too ya know?

Granted their different games but KH for the GBA was more of a spin off of
KH for the PS2 while KH 2 was actually a continuation of KH which I'm not sure if 2
even refferenced the GBA itteration.

In that sense the KH brand is multiplatform but KH's main story has always been on Sony
platforms. Or maybe their just spin offs directed toward handhelds... You guys will have to
wait for more info on the PSP KH and the DS KH to draw anymore conclusions.

I really like how the OP just came out and said his personal bias is what makes him want
KH3 as an exclusive to he Wii; that was funny stuff. Anyway I've never bought a KH,
I've only seen bits and pieces and had the story explained to me, I ROM'd the KH
for the GBA and found it quite nice, but it didn't lead me to buying KH2, but again it was
explained to me.

Also KH3 will more than surely go to the PS3 as it's always been a game about visuals,
not really just photorealism but particle effects, camera, physics, AI in the bosses and so on.

I'd love to see it on the Wii using the IR and the acceloramater, but I'm more into FFCC XD.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

its going to the ps3, but square will probable make a spin off that will be on wii

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Well.................... Will go wherever Disney thinks is best.

There is no Kingdom hearts three...

Sora is dead.

So it'll go to no platform

(Soriku has just died inside )

But really, I think that it will go to the PS3, brand loyalty and whatnot.

I bet it goes to the Wii. The kid market was flush last gen in teh PS2 camp. This time around they are all buying the Wii because that's what their parents want them to have (That and it's less expensive).

PS3 is possible but not likely because it's userbase in the key markets for that game (Japan and NA) wouldn't support the sales needed to recoup dev costs if made for PS3. It definately won't make it to 360 (Japan just doesn't have the numbers)