By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox to be one of the Main Third Party Exclusive Titles for Wii?

No More Heroes, and Zack and Wiki seemed to always be the main two GOOD third Party games on Wii...

Is Boom Blox the Third one? What are your thoughts?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

I played it and its quite fun...this coming from a guy that has been bitter about the wii on the forums for few months now. If average 3rd party game quality on the wii was as good as boom blox...wii would not have to worry about the "lack of good 3rd party games" argument ps360 fan boys use against it.

The only argument left would be crappy online... :)

Mario Kart has decent online. But yeah, this appears to be the next third party game I really want to play. I currently have Endless Ocean and Geometry Wars from gamefly...

This is certainly one of them.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

disolitude said:
I played it and its quite fun...this coming from a guy that has been bitter about the wii on the forums for few months now. If average 3rd party game quality on the wii was as good as boom blox...wii would not have to worry about the "lack of good 3rd party games" argument ps360 fan boys use against it.

Which seems to be getting better an better with mario kart wii, and everybodies nintendo channel. I would be happy with Wii game demos if we get more storage,voice chat, and no more/ 1 friend code. That is all I think nintendo needs to do with their online.

@ Op I still have to play it, but if it's as good as the reviews, I can't wait for more. Who published it EA? Wow if they do. Probably the best EA game in a long time if it's as good as the reviews.

Around the Network

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the developers said they might put Boom Blox on more than one platform soon:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/24/boom-blox-could-go-multi-platform/

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

EA has great games every year. They have the most underserved bad rep in the industry.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that this is the kind of Wii game that I want third parties to make. It's unique and uses the Wiimote. I don't want "epic" games on the Wii.

akuma587 said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the developers said they might put Boom Blox on more than one platform soon:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/24/boom-blox-could-go-multi-platform/

Pehaps, but I just watched the 1up show and they said the game actually uses the accelerometer to determine how fast you are throwing the balls at targets and such. It's a great use of the Wiimote. Nick Sutner, who did not like the Wii controls in Okami (despite really loving the game on PS2), said the controls were more accurate than most games. Now, PS3 controller buttons are pressure sensitive, so pressing harder could substitude throwing harder...but it would seem if the pointing is accurate that it would be more fun on the Wii. Perhaps there will be a DS version, but I don't know if the touch screen is sensitive to different amounts of pressure.

I don't think exclusivity should be an issue. Good 3rd party games shouldn't be dismissed simply because they're ports. Porting a game so that it controls well on the Wii is an achievement all its own.
With that, I'm putting Resident Evil 4 and Okami ports as the obvious additions to good 3rd party games list. With how different the controls are, they really end up playing as different games from the original console they were on. They may be PS2 and Gamecube ports, but so was Twilight Princess and it was brilliant on the Wii, so I say those two should also qualify.

Top Tier 3rd party games - No More Heroes, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Resident Evil 4 Wii, Okami Wii.

What about Dewy's Adventure and Elibits? They had looked decent enough, but seemed to get lackluster reception.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

sc94597 said:
disolitude said:

Which seems to be getting better an better with mario kart wii, and everybodies nintendo channel. I would be happy with Wii game demos if we get more storage,voice chat, and no more/ 1 friend code. That is all I think nintendo needs to do with their online.

@ Op I still have to play it, but if it's as good as the reviews, I can't wait for more. Who published it EA? Wow if they do. Probably the best EA game in a long time if it's as good as the reviews.

Lol indeed...this is all I ask for as well. Someone once said "ill gladly pay 50 bucks a year not to deal with freind codes"...he was a wise man.