By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 1 sales number

I have read before, either on the playstation forums or some other forum, that one of the developers for Killzone for PS2 has said that the game sold 2 million worldwide.  How come the game is not listed on this website?

Thanks 

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:

I have read before, either on the playstation forums or some other forum, that one of the developers for Killzone for PS2 has said that the game sold 2 million worldwide. How come the game is not listed on this website?

Thanks

I know it used to be but it's not on the charts anymore for some strange reason.

I doubt Killzone actually SOLD 2m. Shipped? Probably. As far as I knew, Killzone did around 750k in the US.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It also did very well in the UK, thanks to massive hyping, mediocre advertising and good reviews from the official magazine. Plus the official magazine reviewed it AGAIN the next month for it's online play, gave it a high score. And the game was featured on the online play bit every month for about 5 months. If it got 750k in the US, it must of broke 1 million worldwide.

If the developer said that it sold 2 million copies, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubtl and as someone else said, if it got 750k in the US, it must've broke at least 1 million world wide.

Around the Network

I would assume it's hit around 1.5m w/w, or slightly more, and atleast shipped the 2m copies, or near it. However, I don't understand why KZ2 is getting hyped so much, as the first one recieved under 80% reviews from Gamerankings.com Its not like its Fallout , or Forza which were hyped due to cult status (or poor sales atleast)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
I would assume it's hit around 1.5m w/w, or slightly more, and atleast shipped the 2m copies, or near it. However, I don't understand why KZ2 is getting hyped so much, as the first one recieved under 80% reviews from Gamerankings.com Its not like its Fallout , or Forza which were hyped due to cult status (or poor sales atleast)

I believe it is because people can see a lot of potential in the game, and with help from Sony it can be fully exploited.

maybe...

mrstickball said:
 That's why I was trying to see the sales number, we all have pretty much agreed that it sold more than 1 million world wide, wouldn't it be in the charts then? 

mrstickball said:

The reason why people are so excited for the second game is the originals main problem was it had technical lmitations, such as draw distance, smallness of levels, basic a.i., poor frame rate. With the ps3 they wont be limited anymore and most if not all of those limitations they had before will be gone.

original was a pc game ported to PS2 half way through development.