By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is it ok to make fun of Indian people?

PS360ForTheWin said:
its not ok to be racist or xenophobic under any circumstances.

I think it's OK to take the piss out of anybody for any reason, as long as it IS a joke and they don't take offence, in which case you have to do it when they can't hear you.

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
Also, I'm sure we've all been stereotyped by other people before. I just think its silly. When people realize my name is Greek, I get Greek stereotypes dumped on me(like everyone assumes that I'm Greek orthodox). If people mistake me for asian, and sometimes they do (god knows why), I get some asian stereotyping too.

Heh, did you ever get called a wog at school? Oh ho I got that a lot :P

Stereotypes aren't really that bad. Most people including myself are willing to have a laugh at themselves now and then.

I do pick up pennies, and am very protective of my money.. so you can guess what stereotype I fit into

Anway, making fun of other races is only okay when you both appreichiate that it is a joke

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Moongoddess256 said:
Also, I'm sure we've all been stereotyped by other people before. I just think its silly. When people realize my name is Greek, I get Greek stereotypes dumped on me(like everyone assumes that I'm Greek orthodox). If people mistake me for asian, and sometimes they do (god knows why), I get some asian stereotyping too.

Heh, did you ever get called a wog at school? Oh ho I got that a lot :P

Stereotypes aren't really that bad. Most people including myself are willing to have a laugh at themselves now and then.

After looking that up on urban dictionary, thats an Australian term so nope.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I have to admit I laugh at racial jokes, even jokes agaisnt my own race. me and this asian call each chan and jamal, computer technicians and fugitives, but were jokin.

check out russell peters, he has the best racial jokes.

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Moongoddess256 said:

Heh, did you ever get called a wog at school? Oh ho I got that a lot :P

After looking that up on urban dictionary, thats an Australian term so nope.

Really? Didn't know that...

Is it wrong that I find East Indian people all dressed up in their traditional clothes, riding a bike down the street funny? I see that quite often, and always laugh.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Moongoddess256 said:

Heh, did you get called a wog at school? Oh ho I got that a lot :P

Most people wouldn't find this funny but we had an aussie customer in the shop a while ago and I says to him:
Alright Dirk(for such was his name), hows it going?
And he replies:
Don't ask mate, I'm fighting a fucking wog today!

Racist I know, but I though is was funny as at the time.

Also Moongoddess256 doesn't sound Greek, it sounds more 60s/70s hippie.

what does wog mean?

I can't believe you lot haven't heard it before!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wogbox