By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Castlevania for Wii confirmed?

i hope its 2-d none of that 3-d crap they tried giving us in the past

Around the Network

I´m waiting for a good 3D castlevania... it will come eventually, but will be nice to see a 3D movement version...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

IGN is going to annouce the konami game today and they will have screens and videos.

man i wanna shake the wii-mote like a whip... and kick some vampire ass

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Soriku said:
I thought the Konami event was next week, not today...

Isn't today when they announce that "big" game?

I hope they announce Castlevania and Suikoden VI for Wii! I gotta play SotN for the PS1...
I will play SotN on the PSP since I have Dracula X Chronicles

Around the Network
Desroko said:
So how about a 2D DS game, and the first non-suck 3D Castlevania for the Wii?

I didn't know there has been a 3D Castlevania... On what platform was it?

Desroko said:
Sherlock99 said:
god i hope its turns out like the n64 castlevania a game

And I hope it turns out to be nothing like that game.

Castlevania 64 (pretty banal) and Legacy of Darkness (severely underrated) are very different takes on the same basic elements. If you haven't given the latter a try, I'd suggest you go back and give it a whirl before condeming it out of hand. Some of the more impressive features, include:

*Multiple characters (some of which, nach, need to be unlocked as you go--not very exciting today, but back in the late 90s, it was still novel).

*Separate storylines for *each* character that feature entirely different routes and gameplay elements from one to another.

*A tremendous number of different endings based on performance per each character.

*A collection of impressive boss battles.

*For a cartridge-based system during the ascendency of CD-ROM, the music is actually shockingly good in places and, overall, excellent in general.

Graphically it's nothing to write home about and the over-arching gameplay (essentially Tomb Raider w/ a whip, gun, claw or sword, depending on the character) takes a small investment of time to come to grips with, but it truly is the best 3D CV game to date (in an admittedly barren field) and anyone that hasn't played it should probably stop short of writing it off based on any experience they had with Castlevania 64.

exindguy said:
Desroko said:
Sherlock99 said:
god i hope its turns out like the n64 castlevania a game

And I hope it turns out to be nothing like that game.

Castlevania 64 (pretty banal) and Legacy of Darkness (severely underrated) are very different takes on the same basic elements. If you haven't given the latter a try, I'd suggest you go back and give it a whirl before condeming it out of hand. Some of the more impressive features, include:

*Multiple characters (some of which, nach, need to be unlocked as you go--not very exciting today, but back in the late 90s, it was still novel).

*Separate storylines for *each* character that feature entirely different routes and gameplay elements from one to another.

*A tremendous number of different endings based on performance per each character.

*A collection of impressive boss battles.

*For a cartridge-based system during the ascendency of CD-ROM, the music is actually shockingly good in places and, overall, excellent in general.

Graphically it's nothing to write home about and the over-arching gameplay (essentially Tomb Raider w/ a whip, gun, claw or sword, depending on the character) takes a small investment of time to come to grips with, but it truly is the best 3D CV game to date (in an admittedly barren field) and anyone that hasn't played it should probably stop short of writing it off based on any experience they had with Castlevania 64.

Actually, I heard that LoI and CoD were the best 3D games in the series, not great but not bad either

If this is 2D, I'm so there. Symphony of the Night was one of the best games I have ever played - pity about the last DS Castlevania though, the previous one was heaps better :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Aren't rumor and confirmed mutually exclusive?