By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR - MS showing off Wiimote-like controller next week, alongside Banjo 3

Personally, I like the pointing better than the motion sensing on the wii, although the motion sensing is good for some games. Look at the PS3, it has motion sensing but not pointing, unless you count the eye thing that few would ever want to setup. It's all a rumor anyways. It has to be out by Christmas, or it's too late to be tacked onto this generation for the 360.

Around the Network

I hope this happens, just because if it does, it's sure to bomb on the 360, and the next logical choice for the company is to port the game to the Wii in order to make use of a motion controller than people are willing to buy.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
I hope this happens, just because if it does, it's sure to bomb on the 360, and the next logical choice for the company is to port the game to the Wii in order to make use of a motion controller than people are willing to buy.
Er, Banjo Kazooie is owned by Microsoft, it wont be ported to the Wii.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

What do you think, the 3mote will come bundled with BanjoSports. And for Christmas 09 Microsoft will release HaloFit with the XBalanceboard. This is what Microsoft do, that's how 90 % of their products are developed.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

jlauro said:
Squilliam said:
Just a hypothetical question, will people be upset if MS opens their cheque book and buys EVERY single decent 3rd party Wii game so they all come out on the 360.

:)

There are not that many decent 3rd party Wii games that wouln't go multi-platform anyways, if the control scheme worked as well on the 360 as the Wii.

Will people be upset if MS opens their cheque book and bys EVERY peice of Wii shovelware game so they all come out on the 360?

Future games, Future Xmote!

Tease.

Around the Network

this mote thing is going to be epic fail

reverie said:
What do you think, the 3mote will come bundled with BanjoSports. And for Christmas 09 Microsoft will release HaloFit with the XBalanceboard. This is what Microsoft do, that's how 90 % of their products are developed.

They are a little more original on names, if not software.

Maybe Halo Boot Camp.  Do all you basic training to be a well oiled fighting machine.  It comes with the Halo workout gym and health monitor.  Includes sensors to measure your heart rate from your toes.

mesoteto said:
this mote thing is going to be epic fail

One problem with that prediction... That is what the said about the wii...

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
It'd be funny if Banjo 3 required the use of this Xmote or whatever. It'd kill sales of the game.

I really have a hard time believing that MS is going through with something as stupid as this.

But then again, it's Microsoft.

So long as Microsoft always allows alternate control schemes with all games (As in using the regular pad) except whichever game they bundle the controller with, this isn't stupid in the slightest.

At WORST, the idea sells a small amount of extra consoles.

At best:

-Shifts large number of extra consoles

-Enhances gameplay across a number of titles for the next three years.

-Gives Microsoft an excellent practice run for the next generation.

Anyone that thinks gamers are fickle enough to not buy an Xbox 360 (when they were actually planning to) because Microsoft "copied" Nintendo is a fool.

This is the problem that this thing is going to face, if it's true. On one hand, if they bundle the game with a console, and include the x-mote with every console, then they may not have to give the option for regular controllers, but what of the 18 million users out there who don't need to buy a console for the game? Unless you bundled the game with the controller for relatively cheap (maybe $80), it'd still kill sales of the software. That and maybe some of those people who own a 360 bought it because they didn't want motion controls.

So the first problem is if you allow companies to do motion controls and regular controls, it doesn't give the existing userbase any reason to "upgrade" to motion controls. Also, some companies will probably not bother with the motion controls, knowing that 18+ million consoles don't have it. If you force companies to user only motion controls on some games, or force them to have both types of controls, not only do you still have the first problem I mentioned, but then you might alienate the developers. 

The second problem is one I already mentioned: alienating the userbase. If you start requiring x-motes for certain games, many will probably not bother to buy the game because they don't want extra controllers lying around that only get used for a few games.

So this becomes sort of a circular problem. Focus on motion controls, you could alienate your current userbase. Focus on the option of either motion or regular controls, alienate your product (and thus future/potential customers). Not to mention they have to have a good number of these types of games to compete with Nintendo's current lineup, which could result in Microsoft focusing on the more casual type games... and I can hear it now: Microsoft is abanding the hardcore,

The nice thing about the way Nintendo has been doing it is that since everyone already has the motion controls, which can be used as regular controllers, adding the option to use GC or classic controllers isn't that big of a deal, it's more of a nice feature. For Microsoft, adding motion control option just wouldn't work, because everyone already has the standard controllers.

I'm sure Nintendo sold a few hundred thousand GC controllers with the launch of Brawl, and I bet Microsoft would see a similar "sucess" to that. It won't be enough to attract third parties though, though I bet you'd get a port of Ninjabread Man.

Holy Cr*p! Is this Xmote thing true??

I've always kind of written it off as rumours and fabrications..

I guess we'll find out next week!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)