By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's answer to Wii Fit?

Nintendo should send them a thank you letter for this.  

http://www.techspot.com/news/29980-microsoft-sponsors-national-family-fitness-day-with-xbox.html

Microsoft sponsors National Family Fitness Day with Xbox
By Justin Mann, TechSpot.com
Published: May 8, 2008, 3:13 PM EST

If you have made an amazing headway into the console market from scratch, what's your next move? For Microsoft, it's encouraging people to stop playing games. Well, kinda. The Xbox 360 is teaming up with the BGCA to launch the “National Family Fitness Day”, a program designed to encourage people to exercise more and sit around less.

But naturally, they aren't going for this completely in the name of charity. Microsoft will use the event to push gaming as an option for staying fit, putting Dance Dance Revolution 2 on the center stage as an icon of active gaming. The Nintendo Wii definitely has a one-up on them in this category, and Microsoft now wants to pursue this lucrative market composed of casual gamers, all while trying to change the notion of a gamer lifestyle being unhealthy.

Around the Network

lol, don't forget ace combat's flight stick controller.... you could sweat a whole lot like that too.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

is it me or are microsoft literally after nintendo now.

That sounds kinda stupid. Promote exercise with a system that only has a couple of 3rd party games that are actually physically active.

I think this will backfire on them. People will just relate this idea of gaming + exercise with the Wii and Wii Fit.

DOATS1 said:

More like desperation at this point.

Really, MS is just being stupid. They need to do one thing really well and focus on that instead of half hearted attempts at everything. IMO, they are really lacking any type of leadership right now. Without a captain at the helm, the ship is going astray. 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
DOATS1 said:

More like desperation at this point.

................... nice...........

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@DOATS1

Microsoft is after whoever is #1. They always have been, and always will be. They successfully destroyed Sony (even if all they did was convince Sony to follow their footsteps), and now they are gunning for Nintendo.

The problem with them gunning for Nintendo though, is they are copying Nintendo, not trying to get Nintendo to copy them. If Nintendo ever copied Microsoft, they would collapse from massive losses and go bankrupt.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

i'm really not liking microsofts 'rip-off what ever is popular' strategy. just because it works for nintendo doesn't mean it's going to work for them. same thing applies to sony, as they do it to an extent too, but microsoft just go all out. originality got nintendo this far, they should try it one day.

nordlead said:
@DOATS1

Microsoft is after whoever is #1. They always have been, and always will be. They successfully destroyed Sony (even if all they did was convince Sony to follow their footsteps), and now they are gunning for Nintendo.

The problem with them gunning for Nintendo though, is they are copying Nintendo, not trying to get Nintendo to copy them. If Nintendo ever copied Microsoft, they would collapse from massive losses and go bankrupt.

successfully destroyed Sony? please tell me how Microsoft has destroyed Sony.

I bet DDR is more of a workoud than WiiFit. DDR just doesn't keep track of your progress.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT