By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 to be revealed in next month's EGM

For all the fighting fans:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160002

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

would be very nice to get a motion controlled wii-version

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
would be very nice to get a motion controlled wii-version

Not happening, but the Wii is getting the Soul Calibur adventure game, Legends, a consolation prize for Nintendo fans cause the next SC will probably be high graphics...

RolStoppable said:

@ckmlb

So you mean Namco-Bandai wants to lose money on Soul Calibur 4? I doubt they could sell enough of this game to become profitable without a Wii version.

Besides, the article in your link doesn't state for which platform(s) SC4 is coming, neither are there any other details.

EDIT: Just looked it up, Soul Calibur 3 sold a stunning 130k LTD in japan, on the PS2. How's a big-budget game like SC4 going to sell the necessary 500k worldwide on 360/PS3, considering that beat'em ups have become a niche genre?

How does that matter at all when they announced that Wii is getting an adventure game and the other two consoles are getting the next Soul Calibur.

Does it run on the same engine as Tekken ? after the crap VF5 iam vary of fighing games, but Soul has never dissapointed. A PS3/360 and Wii/PS2 version would make most business sense, maybe.

Around the Network

Pity, Namco will have to learn the hardway they need Wii releases of their games.

Its makes perfect sense, violent mature games don't sale all that well on the wii. And seriously enough with the myth that a wii version is needed to make it profitable. Plenty multi platform games sale the worst on the wii. If the engine is state of the art for next gen it wont wok on the wii, so they will have to waste time and money to downgrade and all that to sale the least doe snot make financial sense. Maybe they will make a Wii/PS2/PSP version, now that would make financial sense.

They don't think they are ignoring it by bringing the adventure game.

I don't suppose anyone would have a source citing what platforms SC4 is being released on do they? And why is everybody going to war over this without actually knowing what systems it will be on? Would it kill people to be nice? Why is the sky blue? can 0.9999.... be equal to 1? eh? EH!?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gamecube/mystery-gamecube-fighter-coming-to-wii-258425.php They are bringing it to Wii as a different genre, that was the idea all along.