By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 to be revealed in next month's EGM

jlauro said:
X360 and PS3 fans can stop hoping to be getting an exclusive. IGN lists SC4 as available for X360, PS3 and wii.

Yeah on a page that's a placeholder.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

"Not happening, but the Wii is getting the Soul Calibur adventure game"

thats just f^&#*#@ fanstastic!.. cant wait to play it! *yank*

btw- zsidane your avatar always makes me laugh

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

ckmlb said:
jlauro said:
X360 and PS3 fans can stop hoping to be getting an exclusive. IGN lists SC4 as available for X360, PS3 and wii.

Yeah on a page that's a placeholder.

Maybe so, but I never seen incorrect info on their place holder pages. (To be fair, I haven't seen many of them...) and if it was just a generic place holder, why not list other systems like PS2 and gamecube???

I think that it is highly likely that there won't be a Wii version (although I would love to see a Wii version). Even though the Wii has seen a massive shift in development resources I don't think we will see that translate to a lot of major third party titles until 2008.

Now, Sony (and probably Microsoft) fans will get very excited about this news but it comes as a mixed blessing. The PS3 will probably have another major game released on it but Namco-Bandai is already very upset about how poorly the PS3 has performed and if this game does not sell as well as expected it could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

DKII said:
C'mon, think about it. They wouldn't be making a spinoff to put on the Wii if they were gonna bring the main game there. SC4 will be 360/PS3(/PC maybe too) multiplat like every other big-budget game announced in the last year.

The sales trends are going to make things change from how they were a year ago. Maybe not now, with this announcement, but with Wii taking the majority of the next-gen market in every region of the world week-to-week and month-to-month, developers have to start bringing their top properties to Wii.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

So far there are two predictions on the possible platforms for SC 4. Some people are predicting that it will hit all consoles, including the Wii based on the consoles success. Others are predicting that SC 4 won't come to the Wii because it's already getting SC legends. The problem with this is that poth people are taking their PREDICTIONS And getting really argumentative with anyone who has a different PREDICTION. 

I predicted(and rightfully so) That the Wii would ship with Wii sports, but I didn't get all pissed off at anybody who thought otherwise. Play nice people, you're making the internet look bad. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

First, I don´t see as a good move to put SC4 in 360 and PS3. VF5 is already there, and Tekken is coming. All of them are similar games, so they may compete with each other sales. Wii doesn´t have any traditional fighter, so it would be a good idea to put it there. And they could make some sort of connectivity between it and Legends. And you forgot about something. Namco can just ask Nintendo to let them put Link and maybe Ganondorf in the game, and they have just guaranteed a million seller. Check this Soul Calibur 2 Namco 0.19 0.97 0.61 1.77 PS2 Soul Calibur 2 Namco 0.14 0.99 0.35 1.48 GC Just 300k units of difference. Namco would really be crazy to not support Nintendo on this one.

diegomoroco777 said:
First, I don´t see as a good move to put SC4 in 360 and PS3. VF5 is already there, and Tekken is coming. All of them are similar games, so they may compete with each other sales. Wii doesn´t have any traditional fighter, so it would be a good idea to put it there. And they could make some sort of connectivity between it and Legends. And you forgot about something. Namco can just ask Nintendo to let them put Link and maybe Ganondorf in the game, and they have just guaranteed a million seller. Check this Soul Calibur 2 Namco 0.19 0.97 0.61 1.77 PS2 Soul Calibur 2 Namco 0.14 0.99 0.35 1.48 GC Just 300k units of difference. Namco would really be crazy to not support Nintendo on this one.

Wii is gonna get Guilty Gear soon. Wii audience migh not be interested in SC so much unles Link is in it haha

Second of all, Tekken and SC don't compete they are the same company.

3rd then they need to make two different games, one for the Wii with lower graphics and one on 360/PS3.

4th the Wii version might go for Wii controls which could fail badly if not done right and which would be weird for the normal fighting fans.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
diegomoroco777 said:

Wii is gonna get Guilty Gear soon. Wii audience migh not be interested in SC so much unles Link is in it haha

Second of all, Tekken and SC don't compete they are the same company.

3rd then they need to make two different games, one for the Wii with lower graphics and one on 360/PS3.

4th the Wii version might go for Wii controls which could fail badly if not done right and which would be weird for the normal fighting fans.

Even if they're from the same company, the games still compete. If Tekken and Soul Calibur are released within the same 9 month time frame, many people will buy one, but not the other. It's as simple as that. 

"Compete" here doesn't mean "drive the other game into the ground." Rather, a reasonable definition would be: "affects the popularity and sales of the other game." And by that definition, Soul Calibur and Tekken most definitely compete.

Otherwise, I largely agree. There are some compelling reasons not to make a Wii version: because it would basically need to be built from the ground up, and because people are particularly unsure about controlling Fighting Games with the Wii Remote. There are also compelling reasons TO make a Wii version: because you might be able to re-introduce Link, and because the Wii has such a large user base.  

I can see it going either way. I lean towards your conclusion -- that SC4 won't be on the Wii -- but I wouldn't rule out a Wii version or even a Wii exclusive.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

If they are good gamers will buy both, to me like many fight fans tekken and Soul are worlds apart. Its like Gran turismo and Burnout, two way differant games well thats how many look at Tekken and Soul.