By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

memory2zack said:
What I still don´t understand after watching countless gameplay vids is wether or not during the enemy phase your stationed characters will automatically attack moving enemies penetrating their ranging circle. If it´s automatic only, I wish they put a manual option for the US and PAL version .

I'd imagine it'd be part of a "cover system" that you have to spend so many APs to use.  Most games don't let you choose.

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:
Done iclim. My computer is starting to be gay and won't let me right click anything. Oh, well. Ill work on videos and more screens tomorrow.

Everyone, feel free to news, pics, vids, and hype here!

Thankies!

@M
Get a fat psp off ebay.
They're pretty cheap.
Click ME!!!
61 bucks plus 15 for shipping.
You can hack it easily too.
Then you can watch youtube, play emulators of mario, zelda snes etc and ps1 games.

I like my stuff new.  And the slims are much better, imo.

makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
outlawauron said:
Done iclim. My computer is starting to be gay and won't let me right click anything. Oh, well. Ill work on videos and more screens tomorrow.

Everyone, feel free to news, pics, vids, and hype here!

Thankies!

@M
Get a fat psp off ebay.
They're pretty cheap.
Click ME!!!
61 bucks plus 15 for shipping.
You can hack it easily too.
Then you can watch youtube, play emulators of mario, zelda snes etc and ps1 games.

I like my stuff new. And the slims are much better, imo.

Word on that.  Of course for me that's only because i'd only play my PSP hooked up to my TV.

Still I think it's fallen behind PS3 again in my buying quere. 

Some new info regarding how many soldiers you can have in one battle and the different classes. This straight from hanafuda here on VGC. (he has the game)

[You can have] 20 [max in each battle].

The five categories are recon, assault, support, anti-tank, and sniper.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Some new info regarding how many soldiers you can have in one battle and the different classes. This straight from hanafuda here on VGC. (he has the game)

Any word on if there is any training or anything so i can make massive diverse squads?  Or is it all just straight forward?

Around the Network

woah, 20 units that´s heck of a number for an SRPG. It´s actually a good thing, I don´t want SRPGs with only 6 units, make a typical RPG in that case, and it makes the units choice pretty hard. 10-12 units is the minimum for me, but I really want to try one with even more units and bigger maps just like Valkyria Chronicles.

This game sounds like it will be a big step forward for SRPG's and a blast to play!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This fall is going to be so amazing.  I can't wait!

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:

Any word on if there is any training or anything so i can make massive diverse squads?  Or is it all just straight forward?

From what I understand, you can choose different equipment for each character based upon their class. You are able to choose any number of people in a certain class and you are not limited to one or two classes. I will keep posting things daily to keep things interesting. Ill be back.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The new 1up Show has a whole segment about Valkyria.

I need this game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!