By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

Zuhyc said:
Mirson said:
blackstar said:
i will blame this thread if MS gets this game XD
ot: the game is a tottaly "new" idea ,
really cool :)

This game was going to be a 360 exclusive, but then they decided to make it a PS3 exclusive. They never told us why though.

Micrososft thought they had enough RPG exclusives so they stopped funding the game :P

But this would have been the only SEGA 360 exclusive. SEGA Japan is really ignoring the 360, they only make Wii & PS3 exclusives.

Seriously. The PS3 has two exclusive Yakuza games and this beautiful, beautiful RPG.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Zuhyc said:
Mirson said:
blackstar said:

This game was going to be a 360 exclusive, but then they decided to make it a PS3 exclusive. They never told us why though.

Micrososft thought they had enough RPG exclusives so they stopped funding the game :P

But this would have been the only SEGA 360 exclusive. SEGA Japan is really ignoring the 360, they only make Wii & PS3 exclusives.

Seriously. The PS3 has two exclusive Yakuza games and this beautiful, beautiful RPG.

And that Initial D game, but it's only in Japan.

Kasz216 said:
Huh early Disgaea reviews are better then i expected.

Five reviews... all between 85 and 80.

That's a good sign for this game when it comes to the reviews.

I've never played Disgaea, but reviewers love the series. This also goes to show that not all Sony fans are graphics whores.

And it's only $50!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Zuhyc said:
Mirson said:
blackstar said:

And that Initial D game, but it's only in Japan.

Ah, how could I forget? There is also that one, but Sega has given the 360 the shun as Atlus and Namco Bandai (to a lesser extent). 

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

If you live in North America, I highly reccomend taking a look at this month's Playstation: The Official Magazine. Valkyria Chronicles has a very, very nice 4 page story covering a LOT of nice details. I can post it out for foreigners if requested.

Around the Network

I know this may sound daft but is this game going to be a similar length to other RPG's? I know its supposed to have an engaging story so I'm hoping its at least 30 hours. Cheers.

Ynwa.

TyePhoid_PAL said:
I know this may sound daft but is this game going to be a similar length to other RPG's? I know its supposed to have an engaging story so I'm hoping its at least 30 hours. Cheers.

According to this E3 preview, the game is said to be around 50-60 hours, and the battles are pretty challenging. That's a great length.

"To finish the entire game the first time around will take about 50 to 60 hours, but you can begin a new game with your endgame character stats and work toward gaining S rank."

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/senjounovalkyria/news.html?sid=6194669&mode=previews

jman8 said:
Kasz216 said:

I've never played Disgaea, but reviewers love the series. This also goes to show that not all Sony fans are graphics whores.

And it's only $50!

Might of spoke too soon.   Down to 78 now.

With two very harsh reviews from IGN and 1up.

Kasz216 said:
jman8 said:
Kasz216 said:

And it's only $50!

Might of spoke too soon.   Down to 78 now.

With two very harsh reviews from IGN and 1up.

Yeah, it seems "mainstream" reviewers hold graphics a little higher.

outlawauron said:

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

If you live in North America, I highly reccomend taking a look at this month's Playstation: The Official Magazine. Valkyria Chronicles has a very, very nice 4 page story covering a LOT of nice details. I can post it out for foreigners if requested.

That would be great