By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

Thanks guys. I hope this game doesn't come out the same day as Resistance 2, but I'll pick this up over Resistance 2. I'm jumping aboard the hype train. Got my Valkyria avatar now. Those gameplay vids look pretty awesome.

Around the Network

Hm. Question is... do i buy this game and let it sit on a shelf until i get a PS3... or wait in fear it becomes one of those games you have to spend $90 on.

What do you guys think the chances are of that?

Think it depends how long you plan on waiting for a PS3 Kasz. Longer you wait the more likely it could happen before you get around to it. I'm not sure that it will end out being one of those rarer games that you have to actively search for though.

If nothing else you should just buy it on the first week so that the sales look better :P

this game is going to be amazing. i want to see some gameplay vids

Kasz216 said:
Hm. Question is... do i buy this game and let it sit on a shelf until i get a PS3... or wait in fear it becomes one of those games you have to spend $90 on.

I say wait until the first price drop.  It will inevitably sit in gamestop or wherever just a tad too long, so they'll drop the price to $30-40.  Get it then, before they run out.  Kinda like Zack & Wiki.

Of course, keep an eye on things to make sure you get it before they disappear completely.

But I don't think you'll have too many problem finding one, as Sega tends to produce a few more copies of their games than say, NIS.  :P

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Thanks guys. I hope this game doesn't come out the same day as Resistance 2, but I'll pick this up over Resistance 2. I'm jumping aboard the hype train. Got my Valkyria avatar now. Those gameplay vids look pretty awesome.

I should have them both paid off by then, so if that were to happen I'd be getting two games in one day!  It'd be so awesome. :P

i want this game so bad

makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:

I should have them both paid off by then, so if that were to happen I'd be getting two games in one day!  It'd be so awesome. :P

This game's release will be very important for its sales. It can NOT come out the same week as Resistance. This needs to come out either the first or last week of November. Basically two weeks away from Resistance 2 and LBP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kasz216 said:

I think there should be ample supply for at least a year or two. But, after that, I'd say that it could go the way of Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia. Both kinda expensive and hard to find.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Never thought of paying for it in advance. I would pre-order it if Gamestop is going to give out something good like an artbook or something. That would be awesome.

@kaz, when are you going to get a PS3? If you're going to get one soon, like in less than a year or so, then I suggest you wait.