By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

i just read the gamespot preview, they are very impressed by it.

this game featues a huge 50-60 hour adventure

and i cant wait for this to be released in the uk.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

North America Box Art?

I like it!

Kasz216 said:

I'll have to try that when i get back to it... might be a couple months after i get MLB power Pros. The RPG create a character modes are so unbelivably addicting. Plus I wanna get through both Fire Emblems in the ike series...

Fair enough.  ^_^

Stats87 said:

North America Box Art?

I like it!

I love the art style of this game.  It's anime-ish but it has the stroke/hand-drawn feeling to it.

PS3 owners are really getting a treat with this one.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Stats87 said:

North America Box Art?

I like it!

I love the art style of this game. It's anime-ish but it has the stroke/hand-drawn feeling to it.

PS3 owners are really getting a treat with this one.

The art style rocks and the box art is pretty attractive.

Around the Network
ookaze said:
outlawauron said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

No, Fire Emblem is a sRPG. Advance Wars is a TBS game.

No, you're right. The gameplay and mechanics are identical though.

No, the gameplay and mechanics are completely different. Perhaps you thought like me that they would be the same because IntSys did both series, but no, they're nothing alike in gameplay or in mechanics. The only thing similar is that they both require strategy. But in FE, strategy involves not losing your characters, while in Advance Wars (AW) the best strategy often requires you to lose some units (to get the 100 % ratings with the best medals, I've not finished the game yet so I don't remember clearly, I will have to finish this one though, once I clear FFTA). In FE, you can basically choose who you want to bring if you play well, and clear easily most missions, while in AW, you have to carefully choose your general and his backup to get the best scores (which gives you more experience and allows for the best generals). If you don't get constantly the 100 % rating in AW, getting them after some missions becomes impossible. In FE, ganging up on one powerful unit is useless as it won't help you much, only will get more of your units die, while in AW, it's effective (like in most pure strategy games). There are lots of other fundamental differences.

The stratgety may be different but the grid based combat is the same. That's what I meant.

@ Words of Wisdom

Indeed we are!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Say how's the music?

That was the other thing Future Tactics had... a pretty decent soundtrack. Soundtracks are important in SRPGs since the same songs seem to play over and over again.

personally, I think that is some of the best Box Art thus far in this generation.

Hmm, I know hanafuda is a Japanese gamer and has played through it. Maybe he could answer your question kasz.

Also, I updated my first post. Complete with character names, descriptions, and pictures to identify the characters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Stats87 said:

North America Box Art?

I like it!

Awesome! :D