By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 100,000 MGS4 PS3 bundles for Japan.

so we already now that ps3 hardwere will be at over 100k in 12june

Around the Network

Hmmm... I didn't read the fine print in the OP. I assumed they were getting the same bundle, as it's 80gb in NA....

Forget the sellout in 1-2 weeks.

Hmm, two people banned because of what they posted in this thread :P

Anywho, i think 100k is very possible. I mean those japenese people are crazy for different colored consoles/special consoles.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Aprisaiden said:
Should result in a sizable increase in sales for PS3 ...

-> remember PSP was at what 30k sales per week ... and FFVII:CC sold 77,777 bundled PSP's in one week in addition top the 30k normal PSP's sold ...

Id tsay these 100k PS3's will last 2 to 3 weeks ...
40k PS3 sales in Japan for 3 weeks then falling to 15k per week for 2 months before return to normal 10 - 12k levels ...

But dont forget that the PSP is 1/3 of the price of a PS3 and handhelds are much more popular in Japan than consoles at this moment . Also the PSP had a solid base to build itself upon afther the release of the redesign ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Remember that the japanese bundle on the MGS4 website sold out at some point, but we dont know how many ps3 were sold. Mabe sony are onto something because this is not a stupid company, they have had the best selling consoles for two generations in a row. If sony are shipping out that many it is for a reason. does anybody know yet how many pre-orders have been made for this game