By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you want the next Zelda's setting and story line to be?

I'm not very creative so I'm just going to give a basic setting, but you could give a full story if you want. . 

Hyrule is starting to go into the industrial age. There is an revolution uprising, against the king, and believe that this new technology is evil. That is all I could think of , but the idea of an industrial age zelda seems new , and I would love it. It's not too futuristic, but it's new. Does anybody want to expand on my idea, or make their own? 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Link has to save Hyrule and rescue princess Zelda from Ganon.

Nice story. I never heard that one before. 

RolStoppable said:
sc94597 said:
RolStoppable said:

Nice story. I never heard that one before.

Sorry, I am coming from the age when people cared more about gameplay than storylines.
We already had a gameplay thread for it.  Imo gameplay>story>graphics, and we see millions of graphics threads a day.

"The King of Hyrule announces his plan to aid Duke Onkled of Gamelon when the latter falls under attack by Ganon, and orders Zelda to send Link if he doesn't return in a month. A month passes without a word from the King, so Zelda sends Link to find him. When he too goes missing, Zelda ventures off to Gamelon (accompanied by an elderly Impa) to find both Link and the King. During Zelda's time in Gamelon, Impa discovers that King Harkinian has been captured, and that Link has engaged in a battle, of which the outcome is unclear. Later on, it is revealed that Duke Onkled betrayed the King. Duke Onkled is then blackmailed into revealing the entrance to Reesong Palace, where Ganon has taken residence. Before travelling there, Zelda goes to the Shrine of Gamelon to obtain the Wand needed to defeat Ganon. At Reesong Palace, Zelda incapacitates Ganon with the Wand, and rescues her father. Back at Hyrule, the King shows no mercy to the begging Duke Onkled and sentences him to community service. It is not until Zelda smashes Lady Alma's mirror against the wall that Link arrives to join in the celebrations. The game ends with everyone laughing at Link's general obliviousness."

So what do you think? Pretty good storyline, eh?

ummmm Ganon kidnaps Zelda enters a dimension portal .....Link jumps into the portal they are teleported into a western cowboy world . Right in the middle of a western cowboy showdown . Guns a blazing Ganon grabs Zelda and steals a horse to escape. While Link is confused shielding himself from the bullets. A whole new adventure begins as Link mets Native Americans learning new things and traveling to different towns seeing Ganons wanted posters as the bounty keeps on rising. Fighting Ganon's new band of thieves and members. Link the bounty hunter !

Around the Network

SWEET!!! totalwar, sounds like a new plan! Sounds so orginal, how can anyone ever screw that one up?

I think i've brought this one up a few times.. but i like it.. both involve the flooding of Hyrule (leading to windwaker)

1. A sad ending, Ganon takes over Hyrule completely .. as in, more and more towns go to him as you progress through the game (which is the complete opposite of what is expected to happen as you progress through a game), leading up to one ultimate conclusion in which Link is unable to defeat Ganon after all attempts, and Hyrule is flooded by the sages to block his evil.. hope is found, but is not fulfilled until windwaker

2. A happy ending, The game starts with Ganon in complete control of Hyrule, and the sages have began the process of flooding the world, Link and Zelda travel back in time in the Temple of Time back to when he had no control and stop his empire from rising.. meaning the flood would never need to happen.. this would probably cause a split timeline where the first leads to windwaker, and the other leads to a non-flooded futuristic zelda game that hasn't be created yet :P

EDIT: @totalwar: hahaha.. gotta love CDi 

RolStoppable said:

You oughtta get a job at Nintendo and pitch them that idea. You are a ****ing genius!@!@!

RolStoppable said:

Sounds good to me, now they just to announce it for release in 2008.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Same story and stuff except it takes place in the future... meh not creative either