By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do your prefer console or computer gaming to the other?

Console gaming is a lot better and is cheaper than PC gaming. IMO: PS3 has the best exclusives anyway. If you love Nintendo, Wii is for you.
I can not be bothered updating the PC all the time, only a 20 inch monitor on PC is terrible. It would cost me a fortune to upgrade my current PC I bought solely for education purposes about 18 months ago. I would have to upgrade the mother board, buy new dual 3.0ghz processor and upgrade to a new expensive Graphics card.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Console gaming is a lot better and is cheaper than PC gaming. IMO: PS3 has the best exclusives anyway. If you love Nintendo, Wii is for you.
I can not be bothered updating the PC all the time, only a 20 inch monitor on PC is terrible. It would cost me a fortune to upgrade my current PC I bought solely for education purposes about 18 months ago. I would have to upgrade the mother board, buy new dual 3.0ghz processor and upgrade to a new expensive Graphics card.

To play most games you'll have to update like... once every 2-3 years.... at the cost of like 50-70 dollars a video card.

Which when you consider you save 10 dollars per game anyway... and that's if you don't get the awesome classic backwords compatable PC games that are like 10 dollars at some stores now... (despite having won or been nominated for PC game of the year awards.)

Then every 5 years or so you can dump the money you'd spend on a console, controllers, all that extra crap and get some extra ram etc.

PC gaming is definitly cheaper. 

^ Don't forget the games are cheaper. Just bought the wicher for $15 used.

insomniac17 said:
Console gaming, because I prefer the controller, a bigger screen, surround sound, and a la-z-boy recliner couch. =)

Another huge thing is that the computer screen hurts my eyes after a while, because I have to sit close. With console gaming, I can sit much farther away, still see what I'm doing, and not have my eyes burned.

Quote for truth :3

I'm exactly the same way, except the chair thing, but that's cool too! The controller just feels so much more natural^^; and a 62" screen is epic :3

Edit: oh, although I like PCs for old roms. I mean, SNES, and GBA roms :3 awesome. (I don't have like a fancy gaming computer, but it does what I want^^)

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Well PC games are much cheaper then console games.
Eg. The orange box I could buy for £17 for the PC but would cost me £40 for Xbox360 or PS3, if you buy enough games PC gaming is actually good value.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

Console gaming, because I don´t like the PC controls

Replace your monitors with a decent HDTV. MY 360 and PC are on the same TV and I game on both from my easy chair. Its not a huge tv but its the biggest screen in the house. Screen size should not be anyones excuse not to game on a PC as its pretty rare for a HDTV not to come witha VGA or a DVI interface. The couch is a fair argument as its an inconvenient place for a mouse. I use mine on a side table beside my easy chair and it works out well.

As to which I prefer more I like both but am leaning more toward the console side. I've prefered PC for a long time but I find myself gaming more and more on my 360. The more I use an analog controler the more I like it and on some cross platform games I actullay prefer it to the mouse. Also the ability to rent a game is very apealing to me since the average shooter clocks in at 8-10 hrs. If I read a game is short I'll rent it. An 8 hr game means Ill get an early return credit at Hastings after beating it in one day and I wont feel jiped for buying it. Higher resale value of console games is also a big thing for me. I dont replay many games. If I beat one close to its release and dont care to keep it thats $30 bucks towards my next purchase.

SpookyXJ said:
Replace your monitors with a decent HDTV. MY 360 and PC are on the same TV and I game on both from my easy chair. Its not a huge tv but its the biggest screen in the house. Screen size should not be anyones excuse not to game on a PC as its pretty rare for a HDTV not to come witha VGA or a DVI interface. The couch is a fair argument as its an inconvenient place for a mouse. I use mine on a side table beside my easy chair and it works out well.

The thing is though my PC isn't used mainly for gaming (even if I was more of a PC gamer), I use it for work and even the fiance works on it. So I'm either stuck with having a big ass TV sitting on my desk and right in my face which isn't going to happen, I'm not going to do actual work on my couch, and moving the computer from my desk to the TV evertime I want to game just isn't going to happen.

So yeah, if I *only* used my PC for gaming that might be an option but I'm not 12 and actually use my PC for more than gaming (NOTE-- that isn't an insult, just saying I use my computer for more than gaming, surfing the internet, and chatting with people).

Also, as an added bonus, if I'm watching TV the fiance can use the computer and vice versa.  If they're the same I would never get any gaming time in. 

Kasz216 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

To play most games you'll have to update like... once every 2-3 years.... at the cost of like 50-70 dollars a video card.

Which when you consider you save 10 dollars per game anyway... and that's if you don't get the awesome classic backwords compatable PC games that are like 10 dollars at some stores now... (despite having won or been nominated for PC game of the year awards.)

Then every 5 years or so you can dump the money you'd spend on a console, controllers, all that extra crap and get some extra ram etc.

PC gaming is definitly cheaper.

Yes.  Many people are under the impression that you have to buy the latest and greatest $500+ 9800gx2 or whatever along with an Intel C2D extreme to play computer games.  This is not the case.  I can't recall another time when we've had more "best bang for your buck" hardware available.  For $500-$600, you can build a nice PC that performs much better than the current consoles, and unlike a console, you can do much more with it then just game.

I do find your age comment a bit rude but no offence taken. We have different situations. My PC is in the den along with another TV for watching. The PCTV is not hooked up to cable. Its also not huge its a 27" and sadly is the largest screen in the house. I game with headphones to keep the wife happy and the only real work that gets done on a computer is on my wifes laptop. IMO a 36" set would be an ideal compromise for a combination workstation/gaming rig.