By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do your prefer console or computer gaming to the other?

Console.

Can't game on 20 inches.

Around the Network

I like how you have to xbox 360s sitting by your window. Not connected to anything. It matters the type of game I'm playing. Fps' I prefer on pc or wii. Rts, mmos , are also genres that come to mind. Console wind the platformers, fighters, racing. Everything else I like on both. There was a time where pc gaming consumed my whole life. I prefer handhelds though to both of them because I could lay down and play my ds or psp, and the handhelds are so awesome this gen.

I'm split. I like PCs for shooters, RTS games, and a few other genres.

I prefer the big ass couch for adventure games, platformers, and "casual shooters" like GTA. I also prefer consoles for racers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I like PC games for RTS, FPS, MMORPG, RPG and ofcourse Flash games. I was a PC only gamer From 1990 till Dec 8 2006.

I like console games for anything that requires local multiplayer.

I have a 22" (WS) LCD and a 19" screen on my computer and a 40" LCD in the living room, which I have a Wii and a PC connected to.
I enjoy upgrading my PC, I need it to be powerful for my software development work as well as my gaming needs.

My whole family plays Age Of Empires with each other upto 3 times a week for over 2 years.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Console because I like to play multiplayer with my friends and my computer is a Mac. Also because of Nintendo's awesome games.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

Huh, I like PC gaming for exactly the opposite reason from the OP. I am not comfortable sitting some distance away from a large screen TV and playing the controllers from there. I like it up close. Plus, I can watch TV at the same time I play PC games.

If its about the graphics then i love my pc but when it comes to being comfy lounged on me bed with my big flatscreen tv along with a controller, its heaven and thats what console gameing gives me.

What i hate most about pc gameing is that even when you buy a saitek controller, not all the games work.

i brough the witcher and have never played it for any longer than 5 miins because my controller will not tune into the stupid game,

fps play better on pc in my opinion. the mice and keyboard feel way better

totalwar23 said:
Huh, I like PC gaming for exactly the opposite reason from the OP. I am not comfortable sitting some distance away from a large screen TV and playing the controllers from there. I like it up close. Plus, I can watch TV at the same time I play PC games.

I am pretty much the same, I also have a very nice leather computer chair, I have a sofa in my home office and will soon be adding another 40" LCD so If I wanted to, I can crash on it and play with a wireless controller.

The one thing I REALLY miss are joysticks....why are there no decent games like Tie Fighter anymore? I was going to get a Joystick but found there wasn't any fun games out there to use it with.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

totalwar23 said:

Oh snap!

Yea although it's very bad thing, I like being up close when I'm gaming.  And although I certainly don't have OCD or anything, I cannot be doing one thing while I'm doing something electronic.  I need to be playing a game and watching tv + something else.. If I'm gaming on my PC I can't help Alt + tabbing and browsing a few tabbed forums and being on youtube. Ugh.

If i'm playing a single player game i perfer PC.

Multiplayer, well I perfer consoles because i VASTLY perfer local multiplayer to online.

Of course it seems that companys lately want to get rid of "local play."

Of course games with Hot Seat play are perfectly fine on CPU.

Anything that needs a controller i can just use a controller with, everything plugs into my PC and i can plug my PC into a TV if I care.

I also like to watch TV while playing games, but this isn't an issue for me since I have two TVs next to each other.