By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prototype Gives Up On 2008 Release

I guess a delay will only make it better. This game looks really cool though. It can't come fast enough.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

well that kinda sucks, i guess. I would never have more than rented it though.

I really wish games would stop cutting local multiplayer.

Depends local multiplayer is absolute essential in racing, fighting,arcade.

But honestly in most FPS/Action-Adventures etc. they can use their time better than add a crappy coop mode that 1% of people will use.

Kyros said:

But honestly in most FPS/Action-Adventures etc. they can use their time better than add a crappy coop mode that 1% of people will use.

I'd say it's essential for FPS too, but then I don't really play FPS games on consoles that much (not at all if I can avoid it).  

GTAIV though definitely should have had local multiplayer.   

Kyros said:

You underestimate the value of playing with friends in the same room...

my best multiplayer gaming memories are with FIFA 98 at 8 players on the same console... Goldeneye comes second and that's a FPS... Then you have LAN play with Counter strike shouting though the dorm hall....

A coop mode would be great for that game =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I'd say it's essential for FPS too

It just doesn't work. Half the screen may be ok for racing because the vertical direction is not so important. For a FPS its pretty much a nogo. So multiplayer for FPS is great but only on multiple screens.