By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prototype Gives Up On 2008 Release

One of this summer's blockbuster attempts from Sierra and Radical Entertainment won't show its face until next year, as GameSpot reports Prototype has been delayed until some time in 2009. Why? According to Sierra reps, "we need more time to deliver the game the team initially set out to create."

Let's hope that the version of Prototype they initially set out to create actually includes the co-op multiplayer portion that was recently axed. We won't hold our breath on that one, as Radical is probably taking the extra six months to perfect hoodie physics or make the explosions more explosion-y.

[GameSpot]Sorce

Around the Network

I'm not too surprised. From what I have heard about the game, it seemed to be overly ambitious which would eventually force the developers to do one of two things: release it early and get poor reviews or delayed the initial release to sort out what they want done.

A game of this undertaking is likely to run into problems eventually,look at GTA.I think its a wise move to delay and polish.

good decision - from what I've seen the game lacks a lot of polish at this stage

I really wish games would stop cutting local multiplayer. IMO there is nothing more fun than having mates round and playing co-op or competative with them split screen.

One of my favourite series is Dynasty Warriors, and i love destroying entire armies co-op split screen with my brother.

Around the Network

And we just saw footage of this a week ago.

It's a shame, I was so excited for it.

The delay will be good. Maybe they'll add in the multiplayer portion they had to strip out due to time constraints.

Infamous could steal this games thunder if it comes out before prototype. Perhaps not but their concepts are similiar.

Good, after the last video they put released it was pretty obvious this game still needed a lot of work.

dabaus513 said:
Infamous could steal this games thunder if it comes out before prototype. Perhaps not but their concepts are similiar.

We dont even know anything about Infamous.