By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite anime(Movie and T.V show)?

there are many people who dont feel that anime is a strong enough medium when compared to real-time movies and tv shows, but i strongly disagree with them, as i fell ive seen the best of both and there isnt much between them.so lets se what the people think

Movie:Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen(compressed movie version)(samurai X trust and  betrayal in USA)

ill be honest ,i watched this only because its the best reviewed anime of all time, but it deserves every bit of kudos it ever gets.with a brilliant story with shades of politics,romance,violence,drama,this is as good as movies get with a musical score which is the best ive ever heard in a film.i watched it over and over ,after 2 month intervals for the last 3 years, and its still the masterpiece i fell in love with.if you think anime cant move you, see this before being sure about it

TV series:legend of the galactic heroes(OVA)

this was recommended by a friend and when i started watching, i couldnt stop till the 110th episode.though the initial seasons animation is not too good, if you consider this is amongst the best space opera youll ever come across, that can be overlooked.character development is top class,story taken from the brilliant novels,the 2 main characters amongst the most fascinating fictitious characters fleshed out, this show has it all. must watch for space opera lovers(thats me).

honorable mention: grave of the fireflies 

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

TV series: FullMetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion... pretty much a 3 way tie

Movies: Whisper of the heart

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

TV series: being a new anime... Naruto, Bleach, and recently Death Notes

TV series: One Piece

Movies: Howl´s Moving Castle

Death Note and Kenshin

I just read both of the mangas lately and I think Kenshin is WAY better as a manga.

Death Note is about the same. The anime sticks pretty close to the Manga. The ane of the anime strays from the manga a little bit, but they did it that way for added dramatic effect.

Around the Network
That Guy said:
I just read both of the mangas lately and I think Kenshin is WAY better as a manga.

couldnt agree with you more. the tv show, though good at some points, doesnt even begin to compare to the super manga.  there,death note succeeds as a tv show

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

One Piece.

TV Series: Hamtaro (season 1)

Movie: n/a

TV Series: Eureka 7
Movie: Princess Mononoke

Series:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Great Teacher Onizuka

Movies: