By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit... graphics only good in some ways?

but yeah, its waaaay too early to begin critisizing the graphics

Its waaaay too early to hype the graphics, then?

Around the Network

Kyros said:

Well, from what stof says, it doesn't seem like it was High Voltagewho hyped the graphic early.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

tiachopvutru said:

Kyros said:

Well, from what stof says, it doesn't seem like it was High Voltagewho hyped the graphic early.

You're right, but Kyros's statement was to the Wii fans who made the miriad of threads about this game when it was announced to be all awsome and pretty. 

Don't hype the graphics until the game actually looks good. Thats the moral of the story, take note.

The IGN guys were talking about it in one of their "Nintendo Voice Chat" podcasts. From their discussions with High Voltage, it would seem the dev's themselves think it looks pretty crap right now too. They apologized for it's current state and promised that the game will look a lot better down the road.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
tiachopvutru said:

Kyros said:

You're right, but Kyros's statement was to the Wii fans who made the miriad of threads about this game when it was announced to be all awsome and pretty. 

Well, his point does have merit, but personally, I don't see it as anything different from someone who hypes a game before it's being released...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Bad screen or not, it looks better than MP3.

windbane said:

No. Apart from the crap shadows, the draw distance is pretty pathetic and artiscally, it looks like balls.

Actually, nothing about this screen looks good in any way whatsoever. Early stages though I guess...

I'm pretty sure the main purpose of these screenshots and their tech demo is to secure a publisher so they can scrape together enough funding to finish their project. Since these guys want to do a graphically top-tier Wii game, they need about $10 million in funding, and I doubt they're able to foot that whole bill themselves.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

windbane said:

You are kidding right?  MP3 had graphics far, far superior to the above screenshot. I would advise booting up your copy if you still have it just to compare or at least search the net for MP3 screenshots and videos. This game, which is still in the early stages of development does not in any way compare with the Retro studio's developed Metroid Prime 3, which is one of the best looking Wii game's available.