By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Ninja Gaiden II details

Source: http://www.xboxic.com/news/4647

New Ninja Gaiden II details

The next high-profile coming up in the near future is no doubt Team Ninja’s sequel to the original Xbox’s best action game, Ninja Gaiden. While we patiently wait for the promised demo to make its way onto the Marketplace, new details have been released by the Japanese magazine Famitsu, mainly shedding light on the tweaks and fixes that have been made to ensure a smoother ride through hell when the game releases on June 3rd.

The article states that each of the eight weapons featured in the game has been enhanced with killer moves that will only get more devastating as the player levels up a weapon. Shurikens have also been upgraded – one throw of these projectiles will now include five star-shaped blades and not four, as was the case in the original Ninja Gaiden. The list of changes continues with the modified Art of the Fire Wheels – now called Art of the Phoenix Fire – which encircles Ryu with flaming birds that stay with him longer and reach out farther than the previous fires. Also, armlets have been removed altogether, since Ryu now possess nearly all of those abilities anyway.

A little on the surprising side was the fact that a select few of beta testers were able to beat the game in 15 hours which is much shorter than the advertised 30 hour gameplay experience. Other interesting tidbits include the return of Master Ninja Tournaments, plans for post-release downloadable content, and word that the demo will be arriving in mid-May.

Source: NeoGAF

Around the Network

15 hours is pretty decent in this genre. Most games don't reach 10, and Heavenly Sword was barely over half of that.

This reminds me that I really should get the Xbox's NG game eventually. Everyone praises it, but I never got around to try it. =/

Sounds interesting, can't wait to try out the demo.

Can't wait for the demo either, i think this game will surprise people as it hasn't really been hyped.

15 hours isn't bad. as long as they keep the difficulties up to at least NGS level, (any lower it would be boring).

Honestly, this is one of 5 games I want this year, but without a 360, I wish everyone who does to go out and support this title.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

it'll probably take me more than 15 hours.
I'm planning to purchase this one - can't wait for the demo. hope it'll kick ass.

I never got to play the 1st one. 15 hrs is good for the single-player. Hopefully there is more content with extras or some kind of multiplayer (is that even possible)? :(

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

15 hours for the story mode isn't bad, but it's the Missions that I spend most of my time on anyway. I can't imagine that they won't have more if the same.

Machina-AX said:
This one 360 exclusive? (why wasn't the 1st one?)

Not my sort of game but it sounds like a promising sequel for fans of the 1st.
The first one was only on Xbox 1. They did a remake for PS3 of the first. So it was exclusive to M$ for ages. NGS is NGB. 

Well and truly am gutted about this being exclusive. As good as GoW's set pieces and heavenly swords characters, this has the best gameplay and combat around. Sort out a story and I may have to buy my work mates broken 360 and send it off to be ready for NG2. Still got my HDD with my gamertag too.

Ynwa.