Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's dirty secret: A death of good games

whats with all the wii hate lately this is getting ridiculous will when it end

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

yushire said:
OH NO! Not this crap again! Why dont show REAL NEWS instead of this shitty opinions without facts just to bash the Wii? Why not make a article about the 360 and PS3 stagnating in harware sales or SONY losing billions of dollars to push up the PS3? Or PS3 losing exclusives to Wii and the 360 or Hideo kojima disappointed on MGS4 in PS3? Or the 360 rumor about their new motion controller which is a rip off of Wii's motion controller.

Increased YoY sales is hardly stagnating. 

How many PR money M$ have anyway? seem they bribed almost all of publications in the world just to bash the Wii.

That's a pretty hefty accusation to throw around without proof.   Provide a link or this post is insta-fail.

I've never been that hot on Nintendo's games.  To me every Zelda and every Mario just feels like the last.  I'm all about new, fresh IP, and I'm getting it on my 360.  As far as I'm concerned the article is true.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT? MY WII HAS NO GOOD GAMES?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneeleventeen.com

Yeah, werid. All this time I thought the games I'd been playing the most for at least the past 9 months were good...who knew?

Pfft, the Wii has more good games than I can afford.

And ignoring that, it has more good games than one person could possibly find time to play.

stof said:
Quick question is this the exact same article as the one with the graph in the other 5 threads? Or is this a slight rewording of that article, perhaps a seperate article parroting what was in the first? Because technically, if isn't that exact article, I guess I wouldn't have to lock this one.

Technically different, but a complete regurgitation of the article you describe. It links to the Gamefunk original.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
joora said:
I'm all for quality control system: when devs finish the game, first they send review copies, and if the average score is below 80%, nintendo forbids the release of the game on Wii.

you do realise this is partly what got the N64 in trouble? Nintendo alienated themself due to strict game quality control. So what did those developers? do move onto playstation.

De85 said:

yushire said:
OH NO! Not this crap again! Why dont show REAL NEWS instead of this shitty opinions without facts just to bash the Wii? Why not make a article about the 360 and PS3 stagnating in harware sales or SONY losing billions of dollars to push up the PS3? Or PS3 losing exclusives to Wii and the 360 or Hideo kojima disappointed on MGS4 in PS3? Or the 360 rumor about their new motion controller which is a rip off of Wii's motion controller.

How many PR money M$ have anyway? seem they bribed almost all of publications in the world just to bash the Wii.

That's a pretty hefty accusation to throw around without proof.   Provide a link or this post is insta-fail.

I've never been that hot on Nintendo's games.  To me every Zelda and every Mario just feels like the last.  I'm all about new, fresh IP, and I'm getting it on my 360.  As far as I'm concerned the article is true.

Sales says so otherwise:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Yeah, the 360 and the PS3 sales more than 100, 000 units but they sale it a cost, they didnt make money out of this console. They lose money everytime the console sales.

So they make it out on software, but look at the software data:

XBOX 360- 1, 304, 129

PS3- 1, 078, 335

Wii- 2, 694, 166

Wii's sales top the software sales of 360 and PS3 combined so its safe to say that HD console sales are stagnating compared to the Wii

THAT? Im just being emotional there thats all. Not being a fanboy or something, but enough is enough. It didnt have anything to do with MS, its just what I reacted.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

what does 80% of crappy games mean? one could say the virtual boy had 100% good games, doesn't mean a thing if there is no actual numbers.

100% of the Wii games I own are great!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

De85 said:

yushire said:

Your main point is largely correct but if you haven't tried Mario Galaxy, try it.  That certainly doesn't feel like Mario Sunshine but I understand your point as well...however, you must admit that the X360 has sequelitis as well.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
De85 said:

yushire said:

Your main point is largely correct but if you haven't tried Mario Galaxy, try it.  That certainly doesn't feel like Mario Sunshine but I understand your point as well...however, you must admit that the X360 has sequelitis as well.

The X360 and PS3 don't just have a bad case of sequelitis, but also of repetition and a general lack of variance in graphics from game to game. Don't get me wrong, I love the X360, but the library seems like 85% FPS titles and almost all of those are military-themed (either modern, WWII, or sci-fi). The Wii has a lot of shovelware to be sure, but it also has something that is in low amounts on the competing systems:  Variety.  It has platformers, adventures games, fighting games, classic and downloadable games, FPS's, shmups, strategy games, RPG's, puzzle games, and a lot more (including the dreadful party and casual titles).  Granted, no one is truly pushing the Wii on the graphical front yet, but at least every single game doesn't look identical like they do on the X360 and PS3--when all you strive for is best-possible-graphical-realism, you miss out on actual artistry. 

We're still early into this generation, every system needs to improve in one way or another.