By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV is for sissies.

EDIT: I can't actually edit the title, so please pretend the title is really, "Rockstar gave into lazy parents, and gimped GTA IV".

The game actually allows you the option to not be violent? I can't believe Rockstar would just cave into pressure from whining parents, who don't want to take responsibility.

BTW, anyone, who thinks the above is serious, will be slapped.

EDIT: Now you all forced me to be like the writers of a bad comedy and explain the joke, even though the above sentence indicates this is a joke. How could pointing out that the game has an option, which even the previous games had, be bashing it?

Oh, and suggestion #2 means I can officially call the PS2/PSP games the "White Men Can't Swim" arc.

The Top 5 Nonviolent Things to Do in GTA

Naturally, no one's going to chop together video of this, Youtube it and get it in Jack Thompson's hellfire-and-damnation spree of legal motions. But Popular Mechanics wrote up a list of five nonviolent pastimes in Grand Theft Auto IV and, surprisingly, you can spend a lot of time entertaining yourself with them.

1. Listen to the rockin' radio

2. Swim out of a car accident

3. Drive like you mean it

4. One up Google's NYC street view

5. Meet the neighborhood strangers

Whether or not this is a palatable way to spend time playing a game, it underlines the point that Grand Theft Auto is a game of choices in a wide open environment. Yes you can kill hookers. Yes you can shoot cops. Yes you can run over bystanders. If that's your choice. You can also eat hot dogs all day, watch TV and go sightseeing, if you're not a sociopath. I play it somewhere in between.

Top 5 Non-Violent Things You Can Do in Grand Theft Auto IV [Popular Mechanics]

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

So no interest here? No controversy means no replies?

If that's the case, repeat if that's the case, you have little to blame for such threads but yourselves for making them so popular.

Of course the above comment might generate more discussion than the actual OP article.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

No, most people realize when a baby is crying, the best thing to do is just leave it be ;)

TheRealMafoo said:
No, most people realize when a baby is crying, the best thing to do is just leave it be ;)
Kazham!

TheRealMafoo said:

i do believe that qualifies as a zing.

Around the Network

your hate for GTA 4 is obvious, you post in every single GTA thread... wonder how you haven't been @ least warned.

I swear to god if I made a similar thread about Wii. ie "Wii is for ******" with similar content, I'd be banned within this hour.

Funny how people can get away with this kind of stuff

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think its kinda cool to be able to play GTA4 without killing many people. In San Andreas, CJ didn't feel like a stone-cold killa at all, he didn't seem capable of constant murder. Only Tommy did. Claude could've but you get more of a Rocky vibe from him. Part of GTA4 is about your connection with Niko anyways, correct?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Ari_Gold said:
your hate for GTA 4 is obvious, you post in every single GTA thread... wonder how you haven't been @ least warned.

he did the same thing when HD-DVD went under, and nothing was done then either.

kingofwale said:
I swear to god if I made a similar thread about Wii. ie "Wii is for ******" with similar content, I'd be banned within this hour.

Funny how people can get away with this kind of stuff

thats attacking a console, he is talking about a game

plus you talk about the wii all the time

even when it has nothing to do with the topic

and you were banned for talking about the wii in a thread  that had nothing to do with it :)