By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guess which game this quote is about

i thought it's the MGS guy talking about MGS4...

but i guess i was wrong!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

GTAIV?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

OoT or SM64...
either one

I was trying to think of something older than OoT, but I was pretty sure it was OoT.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I actually knew it instantly, because I remember reading that quote somewhere (Nintendo power maybe? IGN64?). Good times, good times. That game practically invented internet hype.

In fact the very first movie file I Dled off the internet was a tiny (practically a thumb nail sized) thirty second clip of combat from that game. It took over half an hour to DL. Those were the days of internet goodness.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

i would of sed echochrome but whatever

The_vagabond7 said:
I actually knew it instantly, because I remember reading that quote somewhere (Nintendo power maybe? IGN64?). Good times, good times. That game practically invented internet hype.

In fact the very first movie file I Dled off the internet was a tiny (practically a thumb nail sized) thirty second clip of combat from that game. It took over half an hour to DL. Those were the days of internet goodness.

Yeah those were the good old days, when we could hear our modem handshakes out loud, and would have to wait MINUTES for a .gif to load down to the boobies.

P.S. Hey anybody, how do I black out text like that?  I've been meaning to ask for a year.

I didn't even have to search to find out, I knew it had to be Ocarina of Time. It was a game that just felt so vastly larger than everything that had come before and nothing since has had that big of a leap over its predecessors.

Of course, when you think about it, it probably took about as long to walk from one side of Hyrule in Link to the Past as it did to walk across Hyrule field, but the effect of seeing Death Mountain and Hyrule castle in the distance really made the world seem so much larger.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
The Ghost of RubangB said:

P.S. Hey anybody, how do I black out text like that? I've been meaning to ask for a year.

All you have to do is REDACTED.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

@ruabng
Set the text to black and then put a black backround on the text.