By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Top 5 Playstation 1 games?

Oddworld was great, come to think of it that was up there for me too. It was so cool. :)

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Wow, there is a lot of love for Oddworld. I didn't think it sold very well.
ya I think the first one at least did a million on ps...not to sure but it deserves it....only reason the sequal isn't on my list is cause I played it on the PC instead

1. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

2. Gran Turismo 2

3. Crash Bandicoot 2

4. Crash Bandicoot

5. Driver 2

1. Final Fantasy IX

2. Metal Gear Solid

3. Silent Hill

4. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

5. Final Fantasy VII

Damned this is hard.

@exindguy.  Great to see that their are others who played Skullmonkeys.  It was one of my first PS ONE games.  The game was great especially the jokes...   'this is a little bonusroom and you are here whole alone, DON'T be afraid, there are no monster here you are here SAFE,   GWOOOAARGHHHHH!!....Ha, I got you there, it was a little joke etc;..

My top 5 in no order:

Crash Team Racing

I had a great experience with MK on the SNES but MK64 didn't satisfiedme like his precessor did, lucky for me there was this great game of Naughty Dog that blowed my mind and was our family biggest sunday activity for months.

Final Fantasy IX

Could there be a better FF rpg than FFVI?  Well  FFIX almost did it, it is still a hard question for me to say witch is the best FFVI or FFIX well that doesn't really matter much, you can't miss this game...And Yes Soriku I am talking about you get that game now !!

Rayman 2

I played the first one at the early PS ONE days and I didn't liked it.

I was still young then and I believed that 3D games were better than 2D games (thanks to Mario 64, I obviously didn't played megaman 3D yet) and I picked up Rayman 2 for that reason.  Oh boy that game was Extreme good and a must play for everyone who didn't have played it yet.  (After you played this you can only hope that they will stop with those Rabbit nonsense and start at Rayman 4).

Star Ocean: Second Story

I had the first one,  oh boy did that game sucked, why?  Because it was in Japanese and I could not understand it... so I didn't had the intention to pick up the second one.

Oh boy at that time I only bought it because it was 5€ at my local store and I wanted a game to play.  The game almost has changed my life it was so good that I didn't have studied for my exams and almost had to redo my  year at school.

If you have a PSP I order you to buy this game if it is released in your region.

Tekken 3

Well I never really enjoyed Beat em Ups,  people around me were fighting whole the time  Street Figher II is the best!!  (I didn't liked it and the movie didn't wanted  me to play the game more)  Mortal Kombat is the best!! (Well I liked it for two days , when I saw all the fatality's I put it in my desk to never play it anymore).    

But then there was this tekken 3 game.   I never played the first and second version but there was almost no PS One owner who didn't had the game at that time and I wanted to check it out for myself and I quite enjoyed it.  The CGI movies were great, The characters were awesome (Gon I loved him) and it was the first beat em up that I played more than 100 hours alone and with friends.

Oh man the PS ONE timeperiod was great.  It has the JRPG that I played the most, It has the kart game that I played the most, it has the platformers I loved the most, It has the Beat em ups that I loved the most..

Around the Network

In no particular order:

Tenchu

Einhander

Final Fantasy Tactics

Bushido Blade

Metal Gear Solid

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Medievil 2

Medievil 1

MGS 1

FF 8

Dino Crisis 1

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Silent Hill
3. Gran Turismo
4. Resident Evil 2
5. Tomb Raider 2

Frankly there are so many that could be in that list, others including TR3, RE3, Tekken, Ridge Racer 4, Oddworld etc etc.

Interesting that others should mention Oddworld, I happened to play Abe's Oddysey through last month having not seen the game for the better part of a decade. I can say that it has truly aged well.

1. Tohshinden (the very first PS game I played, I loved it then).
2. Resident Evil
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. Gran Turismo 1 & 2 for a tie

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Mega Man Legends
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. Gran Turismo

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting