By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo fans nearly destroyed Nintendo

Good read.

And I was annoyed when people hated Wind Waker because of it's graphics style. Why do people reject good changes?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Game_boy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"Xbox family online"

This is where we say "That's Xbox Live you idiot!" in our best Urkel voices.

Xbox Live does not cover the entire range of services offered by Microsoft over the internet. Firmware updates, for example.

Didn't the Urkel voice indicate I wasn't serious?

Yet making it serious, the thing is that those are just part of the internet. The Live part is the real push here. 

Yes, I agree. I've never heard of this 'Urkel', though, soI didn't get it.

Why do people reject good changes?

It takes them out of their comfort zone.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Superb article, and I agree.

I really have nothing to contribute here, as you said pretty much everything about the case, but for some odd reason, I write this anyway.

It sounds a bit scary, imagine if Nintendo had actually said this before they started it.

Fan: Give us Mario, Zelda and Metroid!
Nintendo: No, no you have no idea of what you are talking about. We will do the thinking for you, and you will have much more fun.

That would have been the death of Nintendo. They had to somehow secretly make people want the games. If the fans understood that they wouldn't be getting what they wanted (thought they wanted) they wouldn't buy it.

It's insane how they actually managed to do that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

"Yes, I agree. I've never heard of this 'Urkel', though, soI didn't get it."

He was a character on a sitcom, who was an extreme nerd. He was actually funny at first, but then he got overused on the show, and just got annoying.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I had no problem with Zelda Wind Wakers graphics it was all the damn water travel thats annoyed me to hell

way WAY to much water traveling not even the wirvelwind teleporting helped much

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Good read. But first i'd like to point out, that Dreamcast had the camera first, actually even before GC got its release, so making one would have made Nintendo look like copycats and prove that Sega is on the right track.
CD wasn't ignored by Nintendo, after all SNES was about to get a CD ROM, but Nintendo foresaw the piracy, which could have killed the SW sales without a huge installbase. After all, it was the piracy that eventually nailed Dreamcasts coffin.

Following your customers wishes eventually leads to your own death, customers just want more, better and complex, which in the end alienates most of your customers.
DS hurt the Playstation brand for beating PSP in sales, making Playstation to look like a loser for the first time, so it actually helped 360 and Wii too in that way.

DS is the first handheld that i own, and the reason why i wanted it, wasn't the touch screen, but the games that were available and how they could use the touch screen. I bought a DS for my brother, along with Mario Kart and Brain Training, and when i and my wife tried Brain Training, we both were sold. It just was amazing. Along with games like MKDS, NSMB, Super Mario 64 DS and the likes, DS had an incredible lineup with new and old kind of games.
And again, the thing that got me interested in Wii, was when i saw Iwata introducing the Wii Remote at TGS, i was just thinking WTF when i saw the Remote, but when the introduction where the guy started playing "drums" with two remotes, i knew i had to get that console.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Good read. But first i'd like to point out, that Dreamcast had the camera first, actually even before GC got its release, so making one would have made Nintendo look like copycats and prove that Sega is on the right track.
CD wasn't ignored by Nintendo, after all SNES was about to get a CD ROM, but Nintendo foresaw the piracy, which could have killed the SW sales without a huge installbase. After all, it was the piracy that eventually nailed Dreamcasts coffin.

Following your customers wishes eventually leads to your own death, customers just want more, better and complex, which in the end alienates most of your customers.
DS hurt the Playstation brand for beating PSP in sales, making Playstation to look like a loser for the first time, so it actually helped 360 and Wii too in that way.

DS is the first handheld that i own, and the reason why i wanted it, wasn't the touch screen, but the games that were available and how they could use the touch screen. I bought a DS for my brother, along with Mario Kart and Brain Training, and when i and my wife tried Brain Training, we both were sold. It just was amazing. Along with games like MKDS, NSMB, Super Mario 64 DS and the likes, DS had an incredible lineup with new and old kind of games.
And again, the thing that got me interested in Wii, was when i saw Iwata introducing the Wii Remote at TGS, i was just thinking WTF when i saw the Remote, but when the introduction where the guy started playing "drums" with two remotes, i knew i had to get that console.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

first of all amazing article. usually during articles that long i get bored and give up at around the third paragraph but this one i read the whole thing and agreed with the whole thing.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

That was a fantastic read. Very well done.

Damn. You used to be a hater.

Nice to see you had some sense knocked into you.

Good article.

I didn't have a GC and wasn't even going to get back into console gaming until I saw the first Wii remote commercial and had my mind blown. Touchscreen did the same thing for me.