By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Threatens to Move Gears to PS3, also Bioshock To PS3 ?

Sorry to burst your bubble Blue3. Taken from the Epic Games Forums Developer quote: Mark Rein: "This story is complete bull****. I emailed the site and asked them to take it down. We're very happy with our relationship with Microsoft. If it weren't for them Gears wouldn't be the huge hit it has become." For those who care the original text of the article is there as well.

Around the Network
DKII said:
Sorry to burst your bubble Blue3. Taken from the Epic Games Forums Developer quote: Mark Rein: "This story is complete bull****. I emailed the site and asked them to take it down. We're very happy with our relationship with Microsoft. If it weren't for them Gears wouldn't be the huge hit it has become." For those who care the original text of the article is there as well.

Shocking that an article referring to MS as "the devil" turns out to be a load of crap.

Even if Epic is irritated at MS for the map pack BS (and yes, it is BS), they're heavily invested in MS platforms and are unlikely to turn their back on the company that earns them so much of their money.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
DKII said:

Shocking that an article referring to MS as "the devil" turns out to be a load of crap.

Even if Epic is irritated at MS for the map pack BS (and yes, it is BS), they're heavily invested in MS platforms and are unlikely to turn their back on the company that earns them so much of their money.

Hopefully this little rumour will put some fear into MS peeps and that they'll be more cooperative with 3rd party developers who want to offer their customers free content.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

SamuelRSmith said:
HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
I asked for a source, and you reply again with I heard. Link to your claim. Until you can offer corroboration, my claim is as valid as yours They are both unsubstantiated.

It's called Larry Syndrome.

then prove Gears3 is not multi platform.

It has been mathematically proven that you can not prove the non-existence of something ...
This is the reason why it is impossible to prove that there is not god ...

Essentially, you have been given the burden of proof and decided to ask someone to do something impossible instead; this is a very dishonest and inappropriate way to argue anything.

Offtopic - Have you heard of the Large Hadron Collider? That's basically trying to recreate the big bang (wiki it) in a smaller version. This won't be proof of the non-existance of God if it does succeed, but it would be another piece to the puzzle. /Offtopic

If this article does have any credibility, it won't mean Gears of War will be going to the PS3. If worse comes to worse (or best comes to best, depending on what your views are (HSBC springs to mind)), then there simply will be no more Gears of War games, or if Microsoft does own the rights to a first and second, then it won't be Epic that makes it.

You can never prove there isn't a God.  Even if you recreate the big bang there is the possiblity of millions of big bangs across the universe (meaning this might not even be the only universe).  Most importantly, though,  where did the material for the big bangs come from?  Yeah, God.  If something is proven to have created the big bangs, well, where did that come from?  Yeah, God.  

Anyway, Uncharted is PS3's Gears of War, so I'm not really concerned about this story being proven false.  It was as stupid as the MGS4 crap.