By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Threatens to Move Gears to PS3, also Bioshock To PS3 ?

Blue3 said:
albionus said:
At least Nintendo and Sony dominated the market before treating 3rd parties like trash.

Um so 3rd party droped Nintendo support why ?

Ummm, because when Nintendo dominated the market they treated 3rd parties like trash.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
I asked for a source, and you reply again with I heard. Link to your claim. Until you can offer corroboration, my claim is as valid as yours They are both unsubstantiated.

It's called Larry Syndrome.

then prove Gears3 is not multi platform.

Again, Prove Gears 3 EXISTS

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
I asked for a source, and you reply again with I heard. Link to your claim. Until you can offer corroboration, my claim is as valid as yours They are both unsubstantiated.

It has been mathematically proven that you can not prove the non-existence of something ...
This is the reason why it is impossible to prove that there is not god ...

Essentially, you have been given the burden of proof and decided to ask someone to do something impossible instead; this is a very dishonest and inappropriate way to argue anything.

Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

Prove that it is.

Why don't we just wait until Gears 2 releases before making any bold predictions about the third installment? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

windowview said:
Wish it had a few more details on the contract.

I wish that article had a few details on anything. They "quote" Cliff on comments he made about MS without actually quoting exactly what he said. They also refer to MS as "the devil".

Obviously that "journalist" has a hard-on for MS, whether these rumors are true or not.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Well ,I dont see those games moving to the PS3 .Maybe Bioshock ,of wich some webpages as gametrailers and playfrance claim to have seen a PS3 build in action .But not for sure Gears of War . In any case ,if we go to first party product Sony outweights MS by a good degree . I mean ,MS has made great efforts and has managed to buy Rare ,Bungie and Lionhead ,plus they have some internal studies not many but some . But ,on the other hand Sony has like 100 programming teams all over the world as first or second parties .Just to name a few they have Team ICO ,Polyphony ,Guerrilla ,Insomniac ,Naughty Dog ,Incognito ,Evolution ,London Studios ,Zipper ,Santa Monica Studios (of GOW fame ) ,Sony Online Entertaintment ,Liverpool Studios,Ninja Theory ,Factor 5 ,etc etc ......the amount of games all those can produce is way bigger than Microsoft right now .

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Blue3 said:
"Jeff Bell stated Gears of War is the first in a trilogy" good stuff.

Ok great.

"the developers of LAIR stated today that they never intended to release their game on the PS3" good stuff.

ITS from your wikipedia link!

LMFAO

Blue3 said:
albionus said:
At least Nintendo and Sony dominated the market before treating 3rd parties like trash.

Um so 3rd party droped Nintendo support why ?

Because it was cheaper to make game for Ps1 than N64. (cartridge vs cd)

Also because Nintendo forced/allowed 3rd parties to only release only a few (was it 4 or 5 max) games per year.

Some say it was a bad thing some say it wasn't. We didn't get that much of showelware at Big N's console's because of this, then look at Ps1's game library.

Going little off topic...

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

Again, Prove Gears 3 EXISTS

Agian YOU posted a link that proves it will exist.  You proved its a trilogy.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War - "Gears of War is the first in a trilogy"

HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:
Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

It has been mathematically proven that you can not prove the non-existence of something ...
This is the reason why it is impossible to prove that there is not god ...

Essentially, you have been given the burden of proof and decided to ask someone to do something impossible instead; this is a very dishonest and inappropriate way to argue anything.

Offtopic - Have you heard of the Large Hadron Collider? That's basically trying to recreate the big bang (wiki it) in a smaller version. This won't be proof of the non-existance of God if it does succeed, but it would be another piece to the puzzle. /Offtopic

If this article does have any credibility, it won't mean Gears of War will be going to the PS3. If worse comes to worse (or best comes to best, depending on what your views are (HSBC springs to mind)), then there simply will be no more Gears of War games, or if Microsoft does own the rights to a first and second, then it won't be Epic that makes it.