By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Threatens to Move Gears to PS3, also Bioshock To PS3 ?

I asked for a source, and you reply again with I heard. Link to your claim. Until you can offer corroboration, my claim is as valid as yours They are both unsubstantiated.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:
HappySqurriel said:

So the libraries of the HD consoles are going to become even more generic and interchangeable?

If Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII become multiplatform you will (essentially) be given the debate of "Blu-Ray vs XBox Live"

Beautifull thing is they wont.

Hell even if they did Sony has Gran Turismo, Gow of War, Resistance, Uncharted, Rachat and Clank. MS just has Halo.

Won't is not a word I would use about this until the PS3 outsells the XBox 360 outside of Japan ...

I don't really know what Microsoft has in development ATM but

• Forza and PGR are very good racing games and (in my opinion) as good as Gran Turismo although I'm not a racing fan
  • I suspect that Microsoft has a God of War clone that will be released in 2007/2008
  • I'm certain between Bungie and Rare MS will have more than Halo to compete agains Resistance
  • I'm not certain that MS needs competition to uncharted ...
  • Banjo Kazooie and Conker are bot viable platformer genres

The fact is that you would have difficulty naming an established first/second party game where Microsoft or Sony did not have an answer.

- yes your opinion, but there is 46 million in sales that say GT > any game with cars.

- they already relseased it, called Bullet witch. 

- they probably will, and Sony has Warhawk Killzone 2 Socoms Resistance that we already know of.

-  Sony superior tpo MS.

-  they are. 

"established" , see i just dont see any racing franchise as established as Gran Turismo, hell no MS game is as established world wide as Gran Turismo is.  

Quantum-Tarantino said:
I asked for a source, and you reply again with I heard. Link to your claim. Until you can offer corroboration, my claim is as valid as yours They are both unsubstantiated.

It's called Larry Syndrome.

Ok Blue3 - Here is a link REFUTING your standpoint At the 2007 Game Developers Conference, Bleszinkski confirmed that Epic Games does "intend to do a sequel" to Gears of War, possibly set to be released in 2008. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_war

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

At least Nintendo and Sony dominated the market before treating 3rd parties like trash.

Around the Network

"Jeff Bell stated Gears of War is the first in a trilogy" good stuff.

Blue3 said:

- yes your opinion, but there is 46 million in sales that say GT > any game with cars.

- they already relseased it, called Bullet witch. 

- they probably will, and Sony has Warhawk Killzone 2 Socoms Resistance that we already know of.

-  Sony superior tpo MS.

-  they are. 

"established" , see i just dont see any racing franchise as established as Gran Turismo, hell no MS game is as established world wide as Gran Turismo is.  

I think you're missing the point ...

You simply can not argue that these two companies have drastically different first and second party line-ups. Both companies produce similar games in similar genres and when one of the companies does have a unique game it is (almost) immediately copied. It doesn't really matter whether Halo is better than Resistance and Killzone, or that Gran Turismo is better then Project Gothem Racing and Forza; overall the line-ups (generally) balance eachother out.

The fact is that success in this market is won or lost based on the strength of your exclusive third party development. The PS2 was as successful as it was because games like Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Dragon's Quest and Tekken were all developed exclusively for the PS2 (or at least had a massive time advantage on the PS2); at the rate things are going most of these games will be multiplatform (GTA4, DMC), or exclusively available on another platform (DQIX) which means that the libraries are becoming more generic and interchangeable.

albionus said:
At least Nintendo and Sony dominated the market before treating 3rd parties like trash.

Um so 3rd party droped Nintendo support why ?

Parokki said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

It's called Larry Syndrome.

then prove Gears3 is not multi platform.

Blue3 said:
"Jeff Bell stated Gears of War is the first in a trilogy" good stuff.

Ok great.

"the developers of LAIR stated today that they never intended to release their game on the PS3" good stuff.

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626