By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV demonstrates HD console userbase desperation

Deviation59 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Username2324 said:
Try creating a topic and post people are interested in and might consider reading, not a 3 page article about whatever it is you're trying to say.

I surely hope there's no rule on this forum that says that threads need to be kept to 3 lines at a minimum to support the people with nonexistent attention spans.

The thing is, the whole post is actually veiled fanboy screed, obscured by length and self-declared good intentions. Thus, when people call him on it, he can run in and say no, you didn't read the whole post.

Well said. (and yes, I read the entire post)

Around the Network

I'd also like to comment that it's equally hard to review movies that are completely different genres. All you can do is judge them against others of the same genre and try to determine which one was more superior to its peers in comparison. That is exactly what you do with videogame reviews. Edit: about Brawl: the single player isn't very fun and therefore is no great addition. The lack of detail in the backgrounds does make the game look like a GC game. The unlockables and "achievements" do not add to the gameplay. In fact, it's rather annoying the lengths you have to go to to unlock a character you want to play as, especially when the game is advertized using them. I'd say those flaws and lack of improvements (graphics limited by hardware but I hope can still be better) are bigger than a little pop-in in an open-world game.

Just for anyone too lazy to read the entire thing:

He is crying about the gaming review system saying its unfair because GTA4 got a 10 and SSBB didnt. He thinks games should be rated on a completely different scale just for Wii because "casuals" don't want anything that hardcore gamers do.

Further more, he thinks the Wii is the pure gaming experience because the PS3 and 360 are too similar which makes them both crap.

And finally he closes with how great the Wii has done to differentiate itself from the PS2 no less, a last gen system, so to Nintendo, Well Done! You've managed to outdo a 7 year old console!

@Gnizmo,
Yeah I think this whole tangent is driving away from the OP a little bit and a lot of that is my fault.
But I understand and agree with a lot of what you said, as long as it doesn't directly disprove anything I said.

I think we both see the possibilities that both the wii and the PS3/360 bring to the table for the future, and we place emphasis on certain areas.

I do believe that todays best games exist on the HD consoles, and the reviewers in some cases have backed that up. (just My opinion)
I respect the advances the wii is attempting to make and I hope they become fully realized in the wii 2, as I have always respected Nintendo.

I could talk all night about this, but I must go play GTA for a bit and then go to bed. It is 3:40 Am here.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

windbane said:
I'd also like to comment that it's equally hard to review movies that are completely different genres. All you can do is judge them against others of the same genre and try to determine which one was more superior to its peers in comparison. That is exactly what you do with videogame reviews.

Yeah but they don't review excersise tapes.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
windbane said:
I'd also like to comment that it's equally hard to review movies that are completely different genres. All you can do is judge them against others of the same genre and try to determine which one was more superior to its peers in comparison. That is exactly what you do with videogame reviews.

Yeah but they don't review excersise tapes.

If they did, Wii Fit would probably score lower.

Username2324 said:

He is crying about the gaming review system saying its unfair because GTA4 got a 10 and SSBB didnt. He thinks games should be rated on a completely different scale just for Wii because "casuals" don't want anything that hardcore gamers do.

Further more, he thinks the Wii is the pure gaming experience because the PS3 and 360 are too similar which makes them both crap.

And finally he closes with how great the Wii has done to differentiate itself from the PS2 no less, a last gen system, so to Nintendo, Well Done! You've managed to outdo a 7 year old console!

He does have a little bit of a point how does wii sports get all these BAFTA and score a 6 in some reviews.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Username2324 said:

Not to mention he uses Okami as an example which has known problems with being too strict on registering brush stroks on the Wii, evening out the advantage. Nothing like 16:9 aspect ratio to show that PS2 who's boss. I've said all along that all the PS2 needs is pointing motion controller to get Wii ports for another few years.

kenzomatic said:
Username2324 said:

He does have a little bit of a point how does wii sports get all these BAFTA and score a 6 in some reviews.

BAFTA? Wii Sports is a very shallow game...

kenzomatic said:
Username2324 said:

He does have a little bit of a point how does wii sports get all these BAFTA and score a 6 in some reviews.

Have you actually sat, or stood rather, and played Wii sports by yourself? Not such a great game, the motion sensing for it is pretty bad too, pisses me off.