By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony - 3rd Quarter Consolidated Results

PLAYSTATION: PS3: 1.84 million units 2006/12/31 1.84 million units (Japan: 0.81 million/ USA: 1.03 million) PS2: 4.11 million unit 2006/12/31 115.36 million units (Japan: 24.76 million/ USA: 46.53 million/ Europe: 44.07 million) PSP: 1.76 million units 2006/12/31 24.70 million units (Japan: 6.23 million/ USA: 9.58 million/ Europe: 8.89 million) Lol, look at those PS3 / PS2 / PSP figures - they are really really low. PSP still has 4m+ units in stock so shipments will remain low through early 07. PS3 shipments we already knew - around 500k sold in Japan as of the 31st Dec, 1.03m in NA reflects large shipment at the end of the year. PS2 shipment are also really low - the console sold over 2.5m in the three months in NA, 500k in Japan and 2.5m in Europe and others - 5.5m sold and 4.11m shipped again shows signs of large stock now being used up as sony slows shipments. Compare to Q3 figures for DS or even X360 and you see that this isn't good.

Around the Network

Just a small question is those numbers for the whole 2006? Then they are really low. That is less than the DS alone last year.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said: Just a small question is those numbers for the whole 2006? Then they are really low. That is less than the DS alone last year.
Nope as it says in the posts title this is just for the 3rd quarter.

It's for Oct - Dec. If you look through the graphs you can see the fiscal year results from previous years and the total projection for 2007 (Apr 06 - Mar 07). Bear in mind that DS is projected to ship over 20m in FY 2007 (as much as the biggest PS2 year)

DreamsCast said: Lol, look at those PS3 / PS2 / PSP figures - they are really really low.
Compared to what?

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Then I must confess that I don't think that the numbers is that low... But I am not an expert. I would say that it is quit impressive to sell more than 4 miljons ps2 to retail during that period alone. I mean that consoll is starting to show its age.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

TalonMan said: Are they insane or am I just reading this wrong?????
Yes. You are comparing full year vs a single quarter. They are going for ~1.33 million.

Are those Ps3 numbers sold directly to consumers, sold to retailers or shipped? It seems a bit low for it to be shipped numbers, Sony claimed they shipped 2 million worldwide a few weeks ago, didnt they? It also seems a bit high for the Japan figures(if its sold directly to customers) especially since we get weekly numbers and they tend to be more accurate than American monthly numbers.