By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the best selling 3rd [party game on wii, and how much?

Well peop[le have been bashing the wii cause it has no 3rd perty support but games like guitar hero and resident evil were all good but wat will be the best selling one.

Monster hunter 3 might be but its only famous in japan amybe do like 3-4 million

a game like madden might do it or maybe some rpg or a party game.

maybe some high budget shooter game like the conduit might do it.

My best bets is going to be and rpg from square enix, like a new final fantasy or dragon quest that wood sell around 7-9 million!!

wat about you??

Around the Network

Mario and Sonic at about 7 million.

Something unreleased. Kingdom Hearts 3?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Renna said:
Mario and Sonic at about 7 million.

/thread

Technically, Mario and sonic olympics is going to be the best selling game, but something good from Capcom could possibly shake that up. I'd also like to see No More Heroes, or something that picks up in the same universe, do well.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games will likely be the highest for the foreseeable future.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

hmm don't know. If they would have put RE5 on Wii that would have been it though.

We can't really discuss that yet because we know almost nothing about the endeavors of 3rd parties. I hope The Conduit sell 1 million. I think The Crystal Bearers can do 3m+ and a new Resident Evil (perhaps a remake of RE2 or an sidestory like CVX) will do well.

Again, we don't know much right now. WE can only speculate.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Wiix: Minnesota will get edged out by Final Fantasy XIV as the best selling third party offering on the Wii this gen.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

When it's all said and done, it's likely to be Mario and Sonic as others have said. It's sold well in all regions, especially NA and EU, and is showing long legs.

IF, and that's still a big if, Kingdom Hearts 3 were to go to the Wii, it might have an outside shot, but doubtful. The games on the PS2 and GBA sold really well, but it looks like Mario and Sonic may put most games' sales to shame this gen.

Monster Hunter would have to really catch on in NA and EU to have a shot. Still, MH on a console doesn't sale like MH on a portable. I'd like to see that change, but it's doubtful.

The Conduit and Madden won't do it. It's rare for an unproven franchise to sell as large as Mario and Sonic is doing, which is what makes Nintendogs and Halo's big sales so impressive. The Conduit may do well, but not millions upon millions. It may not even be released in Japan, and won't sell much there if it is. If Madden were going to be that huge, we'd be seeing stronger sales on the Wii versions now. They are doing well, certainly the best selling Maddens on a Nintendo console for some time, but not going to take the crown.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."