By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One of the worlds greatest and most talented bands has sold over 80 million records, and chances are you have never heard of it.

It's a 80's-90's Rock/Metal (For the Western Culture it's a crossbreed with 'Guns N' Roses' and Metallica') Band from Japan, the Band Leader Yoshiki is ranked the words best Drummer (@ 180 BPM consistent for 7 minutes, the only Drummer to achieve this) and also he is ranked the worlds 4th best Pianist that ever lived.

X Japan's Japanese Myspace profile is also the 4th most viewed Myspace profile in recent history.

The bands Singer Toshi sings in both English and Japanese, some songs even switch back and forwards from the languages.

Their most famous song "Art of Life" goes for 29 minutes, and the Live version for 34 minutes, this is the highest rated Metal song in the world, and the only ever metal song to achieve an average critics rating of 9.9/10.

If you have spare time, or appreciate good music, I recommend looking it up, if you do here are the best songs to start with:

'Silent Jealousy'

'Rose of Pain'

'Sadistic Desire'

I love this band so much that not only is it my avatar it is also permanently engraved (Tattoo :P) into my Left Shoulder muscle :P

Around the Network

Yes, so why would we be interested in metal? :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It's more Rock then Metal. Alot of soft Ballads aswell.

alright then i might try it out

Edit : Pretty old music, but it's good =)

Start with Silent Jealousy or Art of Life if you do.

Around the Network

yea i did, but i didn't realise they were kind of old as in making music
im more of the present music bands i guess :)

but the music is good nevertheless =)

Good on ya for taking the time to look into it, the band no longer is together now, but Yoshiki has released since solo career albums, one comeing out soon called, 'Violet UK'

To me, they are just another visual kei band. Maybe the originators, or some such, and maybe better than the rest... but in all they play music that doesn't interest me all that much. A good listen on a rare occasion, but nothing more.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I know X Japan. They wrote the song, "We are the X Japan!" We're the X... Japa-hann! We own... All the land! We bring riches... By the hand! Oh, we're the X... Japa-hann! We love our land! We are the band! Listen to our music, we demand! We're the X... Japa-hann! We own... All the land! We bring riches... By the hand! Oh, we're the X... Japa-hann! This is Japan. We are... The band! We are... The man! Finer... Then a grain of sand! We're the X... Japa-hann! We own... All the land! We bring riches... By the hand! Oh, we're the X... Japa-hann! Be our fan! To our music, you ran! And... We are the best, we demand! We're the X... Japa-hann! We own... All the land! We bring riches... By the hand! Oh, we're the X... Japa-hann! We... Are... The... X... Japaaaaaa... AN!

OMG is that on the new Weird Al Album?