By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So I went to Gamestop to get my 360 version of GTA IV ...

kingofwale said:
somehow It's hard for me to feel sorry about you 'having no choice but to play both edition' of the game.

But I must ask... do you ever let your xbox fanboy influence your review on your blog or your paper?

Because i've read reviews on my local paper and I can tell the guy is the biggest xbox fanboy I've ever seen. Comments such as "PS3 has to be the biggest failure in gaming history" or... "Mass Effect is the best RPG game ever made"

Makes me sick

Please, lets keep the crying to a minimal. :)

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
somehow It's hard for me to feel sorry about you 'having no choice but to play both edition' of the game.

But I must ask... do you ever let your xbox fanboy influence your review on your blog or your paper?

Because i've read reviews on my local paper and I can tell the guy is the biggest xbox fanboy I've ever seen. Comments such as "PS3 has to be the biggest failure in gaming history" or... "Mass Effect is the best RPG game ever made"

Makes me sick

Look, I will be completely fair with both versions. I'm in the middle of a cell phone call (in the game) and I notice Niko's feet are just flappin' back and forth. It's a funny glitch - and that's just the 360 version. When I play the PS3 version, I will see if it does that.

No, as an ex-journalist, my journalistic opinion greatly differs from my personal opinion.

Oh, the reviews are gonna be fun - but nothing you all won't know already  

@Kingofwale
So, that explains all...
Have you ever think that maybe some people here in vgchartz feel the same about you? And you're not a journalist or what they're called (game journalism? I thought journalist went to wars! Phhhh...). So how you're acting is a matter of character and not some financial motive. You ve got to take care of that. Friendly...

Foshoryuken said:
Props.

I'm feelin that burger sticker.

Did you notice the police sticker? Two cops are dragging some clown.

As far as pop-in like that one video folks like to display, I haven't seen it yet on the 360 version. It happens so fast you don't really notice. And load times are maybe 3-4 seconds MAX.

I'll report more later.  

remember when you said they were going to advertise the "devil" out of dlc...yeah...good times...

Around the Network

why are there two copies of 360 version?(i mean did they send you two copies of 360?)

BCNR34 said:
remember when you said they were going to advertise the "devil" out of dlc...yeah...good times...

So everything you say comes true then?

Damn, you'd think a person with a good taste in cars would have more constructive things to say

enough with the flaming:

Nice package madskillz, I too wonder why you have two copies of the 360 version.

Also, at the least the people waiting in line ended up (i'm guessing) with a copy when they left, apparently GTA4 (at it's cheapest price) has sold out in my area! (I haven't checked but I've been told from people I know who went and bought the last two copies). 

madskillz said:

And there's a line of folks. Dang, it's like 6 p.m. and at least 15 folks in line, and it's growing. All the calls today? GTA IV. And 13 of the folks were there for GTA IV as well.

I talk to the manager, tell him about the revival of my gaming blog in a So. Texas town soon and how I got GTA swag but no GTA No luv from R*, I suppose.

I finally get home and see a package. Probably some iPod parts I ordered. Wait ... it's from R*. The day of release - and it was overnighted.

It was smaller than the special edition stuff, but I did score both versions of the game. So, I have NO CHOICE but to play both versions of the game, courtesy of R*.

Dig the swag! I opened the Gamestop one and plan on taking it back with my receipt Wednesday.

Ahh, you poor thing! Luxurious problem if I ever heard one!

elgefe02 said:
Send me one copy...

No send me one of the copies. 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

SpartanFX said:
why are there two copies of 360 version?(i mean did they send you two copies of 360?)

He bought a copy of the 360 GTAIV from Gamestop and then when he got home he got a package from Rockstar that included both the 360 and PS3 versions of GTAIV. Since he already bought the 360 version, there were 2 copies of that

So are you going to play through the whole 360 version and then after the PS3 ver.? or kind of switch between them? That's some pretty cool swag. What are you going to do with the stickers? put them on your 360/PS3?
Have fun, I'm waiting for my copy (360 ver.) to arrive in the mail.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"