By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live free? You choose!

you pay 60 bucks for a game... you'll be able to play between 10 hours and 100 hrs at best and they ask you 45 to be able to play any games you like for as much time you want extending the original experience..... and people say it's too much I don't understand the argument..... and it is not even valid if they have one.... not from economical perspective.....

Around the Network

I don't think Live ever will be free, no matter how much Sony's service improves. But I think it should be, paying for online P2P is absurd, after 5 years it adds up to £250. In the long run it makes the 360 far more expensive than the PS3.

The very least MS should do is provide dedicated servers for every game. Whenever I encounter bad lag, I think: "Oh goody, I'm paying for lag. Thanks, MS!" Live has some cool features (in game messages, cross game invites, etc..) but I'd rather have dedicated servers to be honest.
PSN already has a few advantages over Live that people seem intent on ignoring, so over time, it will be much harder for 360 fanatics to defend paying for Xbox Live.

It would be nice, but I don't think they could afford it (profit-wise)
Anyway, I wish people would stop their bitching, I like the service and will keep subscribing. (and I only have to do that once a year)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Why can't you seem to let it go that because I can do the same things as Xbox Live, I wouldn't want to pay for it? Hell, if I can get it for free and not care much about chatting it up with other people (like I already don't), why would I want to pay for, what would then be, the same exact service?

You can keep telling yourself I'm some sort of lazy slouch or where ever you're going with your posts, but that's not going to change my opinion about enjoying my games online.

^^^

I only posted once.. and it wasn't directed at you.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Maybe it's because I hate you that much

^^^^

Probably.

endimion said:
you pay 60 bucks for a game... you'll be able to play between 10 hours and 100 hrs at best and they ask you 45 to be able to play any games you like for as much time you want extending the original experience..... and people say it's too much I don't understand the argument..... and it is not even valid if they have one.... not from economical perspective.....

Thats part of the problem though, on the PS3 I can play these games online, for free... on dedicated servers which generally support more people and less lag :/ The PC gaming community has been doing it for literal years. Why pay the $60 a year when you don't have to?

@Selnor, if "Home" doesn't fly, then what did we lose? Nothing? I know plenty of people that wouldn't mind using a service like home, and if they can tie it into most of they're online games, then the service will generate income. Even if it just puts you in a virtual lobby before the game starts, they can smack you with advertisements :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

^^^

well, the fact that MS has to support an online population 2 times as big might have something to do with it. Hence more lag, and more updating of the servers and upgrading to meet the needs of the online users.

But really, It would be nice, but I don't think they could afford it (profit-wise)
Anyway, I wish people would stop their bitching, I like the service and will keep subscribing. (and I only have to do that once a year)

while sony is constantly losing money MS is finally making a profit.(console-wise)

i don't mind paying for it if it guarantees quality. if it doesn't get updated in a while, and just stays the same then i wouldn't want to pay for it. but it is kept in very good order. I think if psn manages to catch up with xbox live then MS will make it free.