US, June 16, 2006 - Inside-the-biz gaming site Gamasutra recently toured High Voltage Software, revealing that the studio behind Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude and the Family Guy game is developing for the Nintendo Wii.

Though the company isn't saying just what it is creating for Wii, Chief Creative Officer Eric Nofsinger gushed about the system's Wiimote control scheme.

"The Wii controller is so cool," Nofsinger said. "I love this thing."

According to Nofsinger, the controller is challenging the team to rethink game design -- which is part of what Nintendo hopes to do with the new system.

"It's been an incredible design challenge," he told Gamasutra. "Some of the unannounced stuff we've been working on for Wii ... it's been very challenging. You know, 'How do you do a fighter on this, how do you do a platformer on this?'"

"You can do interesting stuff. But some of the actual base, traditional games are incredibly challenging. I think as far as a next-gen system, of any of the ones we're working on, this is the one my money's on. I hope it comes out on top, I really do."

So it seems that they've been working on this for at least nearly 2 years now and this makes me think this engine may just be all that and I now certainly feel High Voltage will see the benefit of these 2 years down the line when they can utilise the engine and their hard work for other projects.

I think they are gonna be huge and it's good to see at least some people were putting worthwhile leg work into Wii Development from the word go and whilst the big game droubt was going on and everyone else was slagging it and what it stands for.  I hope their efforts are supported otherwise it may send out a horrible message for the Wii.