By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VG how about updating the stats?

A bunch of schoolchildren?
You have not been on other gaming sites,have you.This site is one of the maturest ones i could find when it comes to videogames.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

halogamer1989 said:
Well I guess I was wrong guys. U could have stated "Ship to retail" vs "sold to consumer" and left it at that. Instead u have to whine like a bunch of schoolchildren. I take it that you have no passion for gaming--if u did then u would leave the rants for the daydreams that must fill the empty space in your heads and talk to me with some damn sense and decency. VGChartz, more like hangout for the utmost waste of human life.

Please ban me. 

^ Fixed. 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

skip said:

19 million sold to retailers.

18.35 million sold to actual people which is what this site tracks

That's not entirely correct (from what I've been told here about how VGChartz works).

While VGchartz is probably the most accurate numbers outside of what's listed when various reports come out from NPD etc, it's not as if you VGchartz goes +1 360 sold everytime a 360 barcode is swiped on a counter/check out worldwide. That's why Vgchartz does get edits from time to time on it's values, so the statement of "X amount of consoles sold to actual people" in this case 18.35 million, may not always be correct (either under or over).

Skip is correct in correcting OP about 19 million sold actually meaning to retailers, but don't quote VGChartz numbers like they are the bible, because I'm sure even ioi would admit that while he tries his best to get the numbers right (and does alot of the time) those figures aren't set in stone.

Damn, according to halogamer I'm an utmost waste of human life :( quite hypocritical calling us all a bunch of school childrean with no passion for gaming who do alot of RANTING, when your post is a RANT about Vgchartz numbers being "wrong". Also, you post count is 66, which means you've been here for at least a little while, does that mean your a waste of a human life as well?

IQ notification

Jessica Simpson > Halogamer1989.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

he'll prob update it later

Around the Network

Halogamer, you have to understand that the these guys get this same question probably 3-4 times a day in different threads.

Had this been the first time anyone has ever asked, you'd probably get a more friendly response. The fact that everything you requested is explained on the main page and in various threads here makes it aggravating when someone doesn't take the time to look up the data prior to coming here with demands of data correction.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

while we are on the subject.... couldn't we have both number....
sold to retailer and sold to customer.... that would help avoiding that kind of conflicting post in the future... but I think it is also interesting to have both numbers.... see how each competitor is handling it's distribution channel according to upcoming games or customer behaviors at that moment.... without going on an other website

If you had acted with respect yourself, you might've received some in return. As it is consider this your first warning; I suggest you actually go read the forum rules, since it's pretty obvious you haven't read anything on this site yet.

@endimion, there is a hardware shipments page, however it is no longer updated because either Sony or Microsoft no longer provide regional breakdown of their hardware shipments.

I think it is just Microsoft that stopped, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)