By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameSpot: PS3 loads less often.

Just thought I would post this, as it's new information. We have heard that the load times were shorter on the PS3, but GameSpot is saying there are times when the 360 version has load screens, and the PS3 has none. Loading less often is new information.

If you're wondering about differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Grand Theft Auto IV, the truth is that there aren't many. The PS3 version can only be played after a mandatory install that takes around 10 minutes, and its load times are a little shorter and less frequent as a result. The visuals, which don't always hold up to close scrutiny but are impressive during typical gameplay, are comparable and feature the same quirks (shadows that flicker, for example) on both consoles.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/grandtheftauto4/review.html?autoplay=6190040&tag=topslot%3Blink%3B1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot&page=2

They gave it a 10 btw. 

Gah! I forgot to put GTA in the name! 

Around the Network

woo hoo! more people dead at the end of the day right!

Or the loading is too short for even a screen to show up. Still not surprising, but will likely get the fanboys excited either way.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Or the loading is too short for even a screen to show up. Still not surprising, but will likely get the fanboys excited either way.

Not sure how having a load screen so fast you don't see it is any different then not having one at all.

In any case, I have to go. Heading to my GameStop to pickup the game :)

I will write some first impressions in a few hours :) 

im going too! i have school tomorrow at 7:00 am.. well see how that goes! iv been studying for 3 test tomorrow (tuesday) for the last few hours and now im going to be up all night playing games. il either be to tired to take the test well or il be so pumped up about the game il be able to get A's!

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Not sure how having a load screen so fast you don't see it is any different then not having one at all.

In any case, I have to go. Heading to my GameStop to pickup the game :)

I will write some first impressions in a few hours :)

I didn't claim it was different, just explaining a possilbe cause for it (for when you see this again). The thing is that you can't not load something, so this would just be loads fast enough to skip the screen. It actually happens in RE4, on the versions with loading screens. Even the PS2 version would luck out and load really fast, so that the screen wouldn't show up.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I love how I assume this thead was about GTA because we were waiting on the gamespot review.

Fairly universal acclaim. Who's left, Edge?

windbane said:
I love how I assume this thead was about GTA because we were waiting on the gamespot review.

I don't know. Fox News gave it a 88%. Lowest review yet!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's installing now! :)

windbane said:

The OP mentions GTA IV. Did you read the OP?