By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 4 which game looks/runs better? PS3 VS 360

rocketpig said:

Not if you believe what Kotaku had to say about the Sixaxis controls in GTA IV... They absolutely blasted them. Given what I think of 90% of Sixaxis implementation in games thus far, that kind of review doesn't surprise me one bit.

Funny you wrote that, I just checked (maybe a minute ago?) Kotaku's coverage on GTA IV, and I noticed the article about the Sixaxis controls!

Oh well, I guess some people will still prefer that over the downloadable content? o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
SHMUPGurus said:
So what did he compare?

-Graphics;
-Sixaxis;
-Joystick controls ;
-Multiplayer.

I haven't played the game yet, but honestly, I can't see a difference with the graphics between both versions. Am I blind or what? About the sixaxis, hmmm, I have to admit it's a cool addition, for the helicopter at least. About the joystick controls, I've never found the PS controllers to have the joysticks placed very well... (it always bothered me for some reason). And I can say the multiplayer is going to be good on both version, I guess? One is free, one costs money?

Not if you believe what Kotaku had to say about the Sixaxis controls in GTA IV... They absolutely blasted them. Given what I think of 90% of Sixaxis implementation in games thus far, that kind of review doesn't surprise me one bit.

At least you have options. If this game was in the same boat as Lair, things would be a bit different. From what I have heard, the boats and the helicopter piloting work decently.

rocketpig said:
SHMUPGurus said:
So what did he compare?

-Graphics;
-Sixaxis;
-Joystick controls ;
-Multiplayer.

I haven't played the game yet, but honestly, I can't see a difference with the graphics between both versions. Am I blind or what? About the sixaxis, hmmm, I have to admit it's a cool addition, for the helicopter at least. About the joystick controls, I've never found the PS controllers to have the joysticks placed very well... (it always bothered me for some reason). And I can say the multiplayer is going to be good on both version, I guess? One is free, one costs money?

I'm interested to see what the real consensus is about Sixaxis controls.  If the general opinion is contrary to Kotaku's here, along with the fact that Kotaku gave the edge to 360 in several areas that *multiple* other reviews have given the edge to PS3 in, then fuck Kotaku.  Oh no, wait, fuck Kotaku anyway.

Why, because they dislike most Sixaxis controls? Frankly, I hate most Sixaxis controls, too. Heavenly Sword was great and Ratchet was mediocre. Folklore, Uncharted, Lair, Warhawk, etc. all annoyed me more than they brought something new to the experience (other than frustration).

I haven't heard anyone else chime in on the motion controls yet.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Anyway, I just realized that this is a dupe thread. Post in the five pager below if you want to keep talking about this.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

GT5:P got a 9 on the graphic. Does that mean GTA4 looks better than GT5:P?

you gotta love leo-j, he already knows they answer on his question, but still wants to hear it get stated again and again and again

''Hadouken!''

i think the reviewer did a great job by studying thoroughly on both versions and giving good comments without siding on ps3 or 360. professional performance.
bravo!

^What's wrong with Warhawk, Folklore and Ratchet Sixaxis controls? The fact they annoyed you, doesn't mean they didn't work right. Different things (and hard things) are frustrating. For me flying the Warhawk with sixaxis is like learning to write with my left hand. It's just different and hard, but if you're willing to give it a try you can do it. It works for the people willing to try something different. In Warhawk's case specially, playing with the Motion Sensor gives you the advantage of freely aiming the Warhawk's machineguns while you fly just moving the controller. If it was not for you, too bad, it's perfectly understandable, but it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Yojimbo said:
leo-j said:
Yojimbo said:
Can we just get past this the PS3 version runs/looks better. You cant have comparison on youtube but the reviewer said some interesting stuff.

There are still some that doubt it, and this is a head to head comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions. Also the reviewer pen pointed some intersting stuff in this video.

They doubt it because it hurts of all the multiplatform games in the world the PS3 version got better. There was like 99% chans that 360 would get better .......not even the special love Microsoft bought with money helped here.

It would have had a 99% chance of looking better on the 360 if it had just been developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3. GTA isn't really my cup of tea, so I haven't been keeping up with it...but weren't they developing both versions simultaneously? It's kind of like with Devil May Cry 4. They were developing both versions seperately (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and both versions turned out virtually identical. If they would have developed it on the 360 THEN ported it to the PS3, then of course it would have most likley been better on the 360.

The same can be said about Madden, Orange Box, etc. If they would have built those games soley on the PS3 first, then ported to the 360, then the PS3 version would look better. But don't try and spin it that way, and instead look at the other games that were built separately. COD4, DMC4, GTA4 (lotta 4s huh?) etc, and look at the reviews, and you see that the PS3 has an ever so slight edge to their 360 counterparts. And then Burnout Paradise, where the lead platform was the PS3, and it turned out better. No matter how you spin it, it looks like when you treat the PS3 equally, games either run the same or better.