By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 4 which game looks/runs better? PS3 VS 360

Again not seeing much diff lol not enough to warrant all these claims about ps3 being all that better.

Around the Network

i just want to know how this game is getting 10s in the graphics department. Im not saying it isn't an awesome game, but a perfect 10, like so many are giving it, I don't think so. i guess ill see tonight when i go pick up my copy.

leo-j said:
Yojimbo said:
Can we just get past this the PS3 version runs/looks better. You cant have comparison on youtube but the reviewer said some interesting stuff.

There are still some that doubt it, and this is a head to head comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions. Also the reviewer pen pointed some intersting stuff in this video.

They doubt it because it hurts of all the multiplatform games in the world the PS3 version got better. There was like 99% chans that 360 would get better .......not even the special love Microsoft bought with money helped here.

I just want to see how Starcraft spins that video to say that the 360 version looks better.

Yojimbo said:
Can we just get past this the PS3 version runs/looks better. You cant have comparison on youtube but the reviewer said some interesting stuff.

we'll never get over it with so much fanboyism going around

Around the Network

So what did he compare?

-Graphics;
-Sixaxis;
-Joystick controls ;
-Multiplayer.

I haven't played the game yet, but honestly, I can't see a difference with the graphics between both versions. Am I blind or what? About the sixaxis, hmmm, I have to admit it's a cool addition, for the helicopter at least. About the joystick controls, I've never found the PS controllers to have the joysticks placed very well... (it always bothered me for some reason). And I can say the multiplayer is going to be good on both version, I guess? One is free, one costs money?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ps3 version look better to me

Yojimbo said:
leo-j said:
Yojimbo said:

There are still some that doubt it, and this is a head to head comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions. Also the reviewer pen pointed some intersting stuff in this video.

They doubt it because it hurts of all the multiplatform games in the world the PS3 version got better. There was like 99% chans that 360 would get better .......not even the special love Microsoft bought with money helped here.

It would have had a 99% chance of looking better on the 360 if it had just been developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3. GTA isn't really my cup of tea, so I haven't been keeping up with it...but weren't they developing both versions simultaneously? It's kind of like with Devil May Cry 4. They were developing both versions seperately (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and both versions turned out virtually identical. If they would have developed it on the 360 THEN ported it to the PS3, then of course it would have most likley been better on the 360.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

You're using a Youtube video? lol

On serious note, every single reviewer of the game has said the PS3 version runs better and looks slightly better.

SHMUPGurus said:
So what did he compare?

-Graphics;
-Sixaxis;
-Joystick controls ;
-Multiplayer.

I haven't played the game yet, but honestly, I can't see a difference with the graphics between both versions. Am I blind or what? About the sixaxis, hmmm, I have to admit it's a cool addition, for the helicopter at least. About the joystick controls, I've never found the PS controllers to have the joysticks placed very well... (it always bothered me for some reason). And I can say the multiplayer is going to be good on both version, I guess? One is free, one costs money?

Not if you believe what Kotaku had to say about the Sixaxis controls in GTA IV... They absolutely blasted them. Given what I think of 90% of Sixaxis implementation in games thus far, that kind of review doesn't surprise me one bit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/