By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! GTAIV 360: 720p, PS3: 620p ?!?

stclam said:
Audiomatic said:
those people have taken it to far i guess, they need to relax and have few beers...maybe some pizza too or some girls might do the trick..

lol to them

I understand the pizza and beers part, but how come some girls will make you relax

One day, you will understand ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

More in-game PS3 detail confirmed in the image comparison below

Check all the extra grass clumps on the PS3 version compared to the 360 version?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Only fanboys care.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

The only thing this proves is that Rockstar lied when they claimed that the only difference would be the DLC.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Can't you children just learn to enjoy your toy. I'm sure had this been announced PS3 or 360 exclusive you would have just been happy to get it on the oppossing console.

Nintendo gets a AAA million seller and a peaceful calm falls over the forums as Nintendo fanboys trade friend codes and chalk up their gaming experiences.

PS3/360 gets a AAA million seller and 70+ motive confused threads infest the site resulting in perhaps the most confusing mass or mayhem. Naturally, whose console got the better version is the first topic up for grabs and it is fought over childishly while taking it in good stride to try and convince the Nintendo Gamers who most likely already own the game for their 360 or PS3 that they should be jealous.

Around the Network

Nintendo gets a AAA million seller and a peaceful calm falls over the forums as Nintendo fanboys trade friend codes and chalk up their gaming experiences.

You must have somehow ignored all the NINTENDOMINATION threads after SMG, Smash, KArt etc.. Its mostly peaceful because there are less people making SMG is overhyped threads

Kyros said:

You must have somehow ignored all the NINTENDOMINATION threads after SMG, Smash, KArt etc.. Its mostly peaceful because there are less people making SMG is overhyped threads

I remember about the same amount of threads with SMG (including a thread where legend11 insisted that Galaxy had the same amount of detail as Sunshine, and he handn't even played it, just watched videos). So it certainly wasn't the calm onimusha made it out to be.

As for this, and just about ANY other highly acclaimed game, it's what some call hype aversion

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kyros said:

SMG had a dissapointing launch and was sparcely talked about. Kart is in the shadow of GTA4 and nothing in the way of Nintendomination has been attributed to it. Brawl didn't prove anything that wasn't already known and quite honestly was mediocre in sales. I don't see how there was ever any doubt in Nintendo to prompt a "OMFG NINTENDOMINATION" response to these games. In fact, sales for the Wii seem to be worse when these games come out.

Onimusha12 said:
Can't you children just learn to enjoy your toy. I'm sure had this been announced PS3 or 360 exclusive you would have just been happy to get it on the oppossing console.

PS3/360 gets a AAA million seller and 70+ motive confused threads infest the site resulting in perhaps the most confusing mass hysteria cluster-fuck of ass hatery ever seen since the PS3 launch. Naturally, whose console got the better version is the first topic up for grabs and it is fought over childishly while taking it in good stride to try and convince the Nintendo Gamers who most likely already own the game for their 360 or PS3 that they should be jealous.

hahahah wow. are you sure you're thinking of the right forum?

BCNR34 said:
Onimusha12 said:

hahahah wow. are you sure you're thinking of the right forum?

Believe it or not, but having a site where Nintendo products typically outsell other products on a week to week basis does not make that site by default Nintendo biased.

I hate to break it too you, but neither SMG, SSBB nor MKWII have resulted in much pro-Nintendo mayhem on the forums. I'm sorry there is the typical lurker who creates an account to run in and say, "LAWL NITNEDO IS TAR WIN!" in one or two threads, but these game releases really only result in preaching to the choir, not, "Wow, this is proof Nintendo is here to stay, PS3/360 are teh doomzed!".

While being an avid PS3 gamer with a Race Car for your avatar isn't dubious reminder of someone from the past at all *cough* I'm sure even you would have to admit that most of the drama that resulted from big Nintendo games has been largely due to people railing Nintendo's dependency on first party support not people rubbing the Nintendo game in the face of other gamers. I appreciate that GTA4 is suffering criticism as well and I do offer my appologies for the misguided threads made by presumed Nintendo fanboys who need to make GTA4 a Nintendo issue somehow, but the difference is unfortunately clear in the scale of problematic posting if nothing else.

Either way I believe both you and I can agree that it would be a welcomed site to see the negative responses we've seen here in GTA4's wake be something never seen again with any big game in the future.