By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! GTAIV 360: 720p, PS3: 620p ?!?

stranne said:
Wow, the tech nerds at Beyond3d...interesting. Some people have too much free time :)

Anyway, check out their list at
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241
In this it says the PS3 has no AA, the person saying the PS3 version is not 720p him self said it had 2xAA. Your source is not trustable.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
gebx said:
MikeB said:
@ NJ5

I just did a quick search and it seems to me that some of PS3's best games in terms of graphics (Uncharted and R&C) are 720p.

I agree those are maybe the best looking console games so far (for both PS3/360), but they haven't fully adapted their game engines for the PS3 yet.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (cars look amazing, realtime replays are like watching movies) and Super Stardust HD (insane amount of high speed activity and effects) in 1080p are very impressive.

Using Super Stardust HD as the pinacle of PS3's graphics after a year and a half after its launch is SAD!!

Its not a compliment in any way and makes me laugh everytime you use it as an the example

Obviously you have either never played it, or have a crappy TV. The game looks amazing, while it may not be the pinacle of the PS3's graphics that does not mean it is not good looking. It tops any XBL game.

I think his point was that a downloadble game should not be one of your top 2 games as far as impressive graphics go for you console... as they are made for way cheaper then a lot of expensive games that cost tens of millions.

He's not saying that the game looks bad.  He's saying the fact that it's one of the best looking games is sad.  So he's not insulting SSDHD.  He's insulting every game that looks worse then it yet cost way more to make.

Kasz216 said:
Username2324 said:
gebx said:
MikeB said:
@ NJ5

I just did a quick search and it seems to me that some of PS3's best games in terms of graphics (Uncharted and R&C) are 720p.

I agree those are maybe the best looking console games so far (for both PS3/360), but they haven't fully adapted their game engines for the PS3 yet.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (cars look amazing, realtime replays are like watching movies) and Super Stardust HD (insane amount of high speed activity and effects) in 1080p are very impressive.

Using Super Stardust HD as the pinacle of PS3's graphics after a year and a half after its launch is SAD!!

Its not a compliment in any way and makes me laugh everytime you use it as an the example

Obviously you have either never played it, or have a crappy TV. The game looks amazing, while it may not be the pinacle of the PS3's graphics that does not mean it is not good looking. It tops any XBL game.

I think his point was that a downloadble game should not be one of your top 2 games as far as impressive graphics go for you console... as they are made for way cheaper then a lot of expensive games that cost tens of millions.

He's not saying that the game looks bad. He's saying the fact that it's one of the best looking games is sad. So he's not insulting SSDHD. He's insulting every game that looks worse then it yet cost way more to make.

The format of the game =/= quality.

I like that the 360 version has better resolution...

The PS3 version is NOT 620p!

http://www.ripten.com/2008/04/29/confirmed-gta-iv-ps3-is-not-630pits-640p/

It's 640p. 

So it's not in "True HD" but it's widely agreed to look slightly better than the 360 version.

In a way, both consoles are "owned". The PS3 version cannot manage true HD, but the 360 version still cannot beat the PS3 version.

Around the Network

ok this gta 4 thing is getting beyond stupid now. GET OVER IT. its just a game. so it has a few bugs. One has a bigger res, but the one with lower looks better?

SO who cares?

next people will start saying well if a lower res can look better that means GTA4 on wii would look even better lol.

The point is enjoy the experience don't look for faults. Look for the time and effort they put in to give you the good side of the game which surely out weight all the bad.

true hd is 1080p. anything below that is just hd.

Just to let you know MikeB, you make this forum worth reading with your non-stop parade of delusion. I

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

letnow let me add my contribution to this conversation. BOM BANG lol

Check this article out.

This is for anyone out there who thinks the 360 version is "inferior".

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/29-04-2008-389.html

And some people seem to think the 360 can't handle 1080p at all.
I'm playing GTAIV right now at 1080i.
And yes, the 360 does have a HDMI port lol